8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a fa5 with aem cai. some guy is talking mad crap about me and long story short he wanted to race me on the streets. im thinking about telling him to come with me to the track and the loser pays for the winners run. what do you guys think can i take him. his cars pretty heavy and i think with a good launch i might take him?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
You need to give more information. I don't know what year your talking about, I don't know if it's convertable, if it's FWD, or AWD. But if we are looking at a 2010 model, they run 14.9 stock @ 91 mph, which is a tad slower than the SI's trap speed. If you can do a 93-94 MPH you could take it. This is dirver's race totally and also in a whole new different level than a CIVIC. This Audi's price range is above the SI's rank.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a fwd 2010 audi a5 im pretty sure its the fwd version but im not too sure not convertible its a hard top. im pretty sure its a drivers race cause the 0-60 times ive researched gave me a 6.7-6.9 0-60 which is close to the si.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Really heavy GTI. On paper its a drivers race. Real world I think an Si will do very well. My wife and I just got rid of an 06 Audi A4 2.0T M6 Quatro. Even launching the car hard it just doesn't have the top end charge that an Si does. The 2.0t motors make great low/mid range tq, for what they are, but I just don't think they will run with the Si at the big end of the track. 1/8=yes, 135mph+ with the A/C on for 100+ miles on the interstate=much better than a Si. Back road hooligan or 1/4mile (after launch) Si is the more capable car. However Audis are very nice and we would not hesitate to buy another one. Good luck at the track.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
errr....im pretty sure all audi's are quatro now. unless you can show me new a new model with the option of FWD, i've been hard pressed to find anything but quatro at a dealership when i was helping my dad find his Q5. (i thought RWD was an option so yes, i was looking for non quattro if possible)

but i agree that its a drivers race. if his is manual though, idk if i can say you have a chance. if his is auto and you're just a good driver (at manual), you can probably take him. NOTE: not from a dig. maybe from a roll. he'll get you with quattro every time from a dig (in my eyes)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
errr....im pretty sure all audi's are quatro now. unless you can show me new a new model with the option of FWD, i've been hard pressed to find anything but quatro at a dealership when i was helping my dad find his Q5. (i thought RWD was an option so yes, i was looking for non quattro if possible)

but i agree that its a drivers race. if his is manual though, idk if i can say you have a chance. if his is auto and you're just a good driver (at manual), you can probably take him. NOTE: not from a dig. maybe from a roll. he'll get you with quattro every time from a dig (in my eyes)
it wasnt quatro im 100% sure lol. and even if it was it would be a lot heavier anyways. he couldnt race though cause he wasnt 18 so we never ran. i reallly wanna know who would win!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts