8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ive had the short shifter and bushings set in now for about a week and what a world of difference.

I was a lil hesitant to do the install myself but it actually wasnt that bad especially for someone who hasnt worked on a car that much before.

Install took oh Id say prob about 45 minutes for both.

Taking out the airbox is prob the most pain in the ass. I actually didnt drop anything though like most problems listed. Just put a plastic baggy under the shifter and let the nuts and bolts drop in there.

But shifting is amazing and so much more fun now. Yes it requires a lil more umph I guess to shift but you end up breaking it in. But shifts are much more crisp and straightforward. I dont have any of the problems most people write about after the install.

For the money it is def a great mod to do, and little to no experience needed for a newb to install it. Id def recommend it to someone else.

Also, I put in Royal Purple MTF in, and royal purple motor oil. Took away the notchiness of the shifts and its so smooth now.

+1 for TWM for sure.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
umm think I paid 125 roughly for both things? pretty sure thats what it was, cheap mod

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Hey guys!

First of all, thanks saraf for the great review..!

Here are the prices for the '06-'07 kits :
-'06-'07 short shifter: $71.95 USD
-'06-'07 shifter + base bushings: $91.90 USD

-'06 + cable bushings: $100.90 USD
-'06 + base + cable bushings: $120.85 USD

-'07 + cable bushings: $102.90 USD
-'07 + base + cable bushings: $122.85 USD

If you guys have some more questions, feel free to pm us!

Thanks and have a good one guys!

Simon
TWM Performance

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think its one of the best mods for the $$$. True, it does not give you more HP, but it does increase the driving fun exponantialy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i get mines installed monday!! yay!! so excited!! btw any recommendations on which weighted shift knob i should get? thnx!

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
DxsecJb said:
i get mines installed monday!! yay!! so excited!! btw any recommendations on which weighted shift knob i should get? thnx!
Are you sticking with TWM? I use the Type-R atm -- but I LOVE my friend's M6 also. It really depends on how you like to hold the shifter.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
For sure he wants a TWM shift knob.. ;]

I would recommand u the Bombshell since it's a little bigger then the others and the shape is just amazing! It's easy to drive with and you would probably like the Satin Finish since it fits well the Si inside! =]

Anyway, give us updates on the short shifter feel! :thumb:

Simon
TWM Performance

Izzy said:
Are you sticking with TWM? I use the Type-R atm -- but I LOVE my friend's M6 also. It really depends on how you like to hold the shifter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I mean i could do twm but i dont want to experiment with the bombshell lol but thnx simon .. is there anywhere i can see the m6? or the one you currently use? i like the type r feel but i dont think i would mind changing to the ball knob (sorry dont know the model name hehe)

·
Registered
253 Posts
DxsecJb,

Check out the twm knobs. If you're going to get the ss, you can get discount on the knob as well ... just a thought. I got the type r.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey thnx yall! .. ill first try it with the stock knob for like a month, then I'll buy the A6 = ] .. we'll see how it goes

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
nycclaye said:
I've got the Bombshell right now, and I love it. I'm doing my bushing's tonight. I've had mine in for 3 weeks now, and I'll admit, the freeway with all the construction is now a lot more fun
Can you take a picture of that? I haven't seen it on a car yet....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts