8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am kinda happy so I though I would share this with you. (short version)

When I first got my 06 civic sedan, I immediately noticed the motor mount clunk and "LUG BUG" 1400 rpm vibration problem.

I went to the dealership where I bought the car 3 times for both and they failed to diagnose and or fix the problems. The first time they spilled a drink in my car and the second, got oil hand prints all over the seat and drivers door. At this point I vowed never to go back to that dealership again.

Called Honda Car and opened a case with regards to motor mount, rpm vibration etc. I also advised them about my pop/snap when turning the wheel when car was cold. They immediatly advised to go to a specific dealership in my area they work with, they rarely worked with the dealer i got my car from.

I went to the recommend dealership where they fixed the mount and put the revised belt on. 2 problems solved. They never were able to diagnose the turning pop/crack I was getting. The service was quick and friendly.

After reading the new TSB on the bump stops for the struts. I called up the same guy whom Honda Care referred me to. I advised him to check his records about not knowing how to fix the pop/crack when I came down the first time. I advised him about the new TSB via phone today.

I get a call back 10 minutes later saying "I ordered the bump stop parts, when they are in, you will get a card in the mail, bring it down and we will fix it, no problem. I asked will they re-align the car when done "YES, no problem"

I also advised him about my front drivers seat fabric came undone at the bottom. "No problem, will fix that as well"

I guess I am elated since I have 16K on the car and have battled to get everything fixed thus far and this time a simple phone call solved the problem. I don't even have to argue with service guys at the front desk about taking the car out for tests, blah blah blah.

Moral of the above: Call Honda Care, always ask them for the dealership in your area they work with directly. When you get your car fixed for whatever problem it is, call back that same dealership with your new problems, remind them they fixed your car with Honda Care's help and remember the name of the Rep at Honda Care., they won't even argue with you as long as your vin falls in range?

I have learned that certain dealerships, Honda Care does not work with regularly even though there could be 10 dealerships in your area. The rep works with this dealership over and over again and have good repore with the service manager. The service manager knows that when the work is done, most likely you will give a good report to Honda.

Even if you have to travel a bit, make sure you ask them which dealership in your area that work with regularly, this should help solve most of the problem you may have, TSB or NOT!

I hope this works for you guys/gals as well.

I feel good for a change that I did not have to beat someones brains in to get warranty work done.

Will update once both are done to see if it actually works, the bump stop.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nayilsi said:
man... when i call my dealership services... they just sound so rude.
I experienced that many times, call Honda Care, ask for the dealership in your area they deal with on a regular basis.

When you go in, give them the case number and rep names. The rep should also call the dealership ahead of time to go over the case.

This makes life much easier.

Many have stated Honda Care does nothing, but if you handle it right, it should take the sting out of dealing with the service people.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
kero said:
Hey,

I am kinda happy so I though I would share this with you. (short version)

When I first got my 06 civic sedan, I immediately noticed the motor mount clunk and "LUG BUG" 1400 rpm vibration problem.

I went to the dealership where I bought the car 3 times for both and they failed to diagnose and or fix the problems. The first time they spilled a drink in my car and the second, got oil hand prints all over the seat and drivers door. At this point I vowed never to go back to that dealership again.

Called Honda Car and opened a case with regards to motor mount, rpm vibration etc. I also advised them about my pop/snap when turning the wheel when car was cold. They immediatly advised to go to a specific dealership in my area they work with, they rarely worked with the dealer i got my car from.

I went to the recommend dealership where they fixed the mount and put the revised belt on. 2 problems solved. They never were able to diagnose the turning pop/crack I was getting. The service was quick and friendly.

After reading the new TSB on the bump stops for the struts. I called up the same guy whom Honda Care referred me to. I advised him to check his records about not knowing how to fix the pop/crack when I came down the first time. I advised him about the new TSB via phone today.

I get a call back 10 minutes later saying "I ordered the bump stop parts, when they are in, you will get a card in the mail, bring it down and we will fix it, no problem. I asked will they re-align the car when done "YES, no problem"

I also advised him about my front drivers seat fabric came undone at the bottom. "No problem, will fix that as well"

I guess I am elated since I have 16K on the car and have battled to get everything fixed thus far and this time a simple phone call solved the problem. I don't even have to argue with service guys at the front desk about taking the car out for tests, blah blah blah.

Moral of the above: Call Honda Care, always ask them for the dealership in your area they work with directly. When you get your car fixed for whatever problem it is, call back that same dealership with your new problems, remind them they fixed your car with Honda Care's help and remember the name of the Rep at Honda Care., they won't even argue with you as long as your vin falls in range?

I have learned that certain dealerships, Honda Care does not work with regularly even though there could be 10 dealerships in your area. The rep works with this dealership over and over again and have good repore with the service manager. The service manager knows that when the work is done, most likely you will give a good report to Honda.

Even if you have to travel a bit, make sure you ask them which dealership in your area that work with regularly, this should help solve most of the problem you may have, TSB or NOT!

I hope this works for you guys/gals as well.

I feel good for a change that I did not have to beat someones brains in to get warranty work done.

Will update once both are done to see if it actually works, the bump stop.
Spilled a drink? oil prints on seat? dude i would of demanded they fix that and clean up the interior! what kind of BS dealership service is that?!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
06CivEXJon said:
Spilled a drink? oil prints on seat? dude i would of demanded they fix that and clean up the interior! what kind of BS dealership service is that?!
That is why no one uses them anymore, at least everyone I know who has a Honda and that is quite a few. I spread the word to all my friends about they STELLAR (sarcastic remark) performance, best type of advertising if you ask me.

I was quite happy to get the car back without dents and or dings which I hear happens quite often.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
dentrecords said:
I've seen worse...
Man i wouldnt want to know about that...lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick question guys?

Bump stops are in, have thursday appt to get seat fixed and bump stops installed.

After speaking to a service technician, he advises that they do not need re-align car after putting new bump stops in?

Is this correct. The original guy told me he would do the alignment but he is not a tech, he is a service manager. The tech advises that just removing and putting in the bump stops (dampers they call them) would not harm the alignment?

Any comments?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts