8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. i know there are some really hard core custom koni setup guys and i agree with everything you proclaim. But.. i want a coilover that has an effective range of tunning for the track and tolerable on the street. ANY first hand experience is very appreshiated. Id say 1500 is the funding limit on the coilover. camber plates must be present whether they come together or not.

I have had some Tein setups in the past and they are too soft. I have had Gc with tokico and they were great but i want a matched spring and damper in one purchase and would like some opinions..

Buddy club has a decent rep in the rsx community with there n+ and race spec. the k-sport, megan, F&F, and the other thousand dollar and under setups have a wide range of review results.. :popcorn:

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
You could wait for the OTS Koni Sports, pair those with GC springs and Camber plates. That should be about 1400-1500. I have Tein Flex right now and they have too much high speed damping and to little low speed damping. From the shock dyno I've seed, It looks like BC have a little less high speed damping (good for ride quality) and they actually adjust low speed damping which is good for handling.

I'm one of the custom koni guys, sorry. Koni sports have better curves than both tein and bc

I didn't leave, I had to look at dynos

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you are.. ive read every post you ever wrote.. sad i know but i want the best i can afford. Ive driven on Flex's in an s2000.. still soft.. i think its the damper being to soft for the street. so the koni's have the "widest" range of adjustment.. is that the thought?

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
I think the range of adjustment is the same for most it just that koni uses 5-8 "clicks" were other companys use 16-32. Tein will revalve there dampers to what ever specs you want for 125 bucks per damper. So for Flex's, thats 1750 + 500 for revalve + 100 for revalve parts = 2350. You could also get custom spring rates for thoses new valve settings too. I don't know how much those cost from tein though. Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr, you could wait for me to get my custom konis and I could sell you Flex for 1200 or so. That way, you get custom Flex's for 1800.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I think just get some Double adjustable Koni's your pretty darn close to the price of them, and if you really want a quality track setup why not get a real one? Do it right once and it will cost you less down the road. Pick your spring rates, to exactly what you want.

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
FYI
Site Rules said:
13. Our tech forums are here to answer important technical questions pertaining to the civic. The quality of the content is very important, thus questions lacking technical merit will either be deleted or moved.

15. When replying to a thread in ANY of our tech forums, the poster should have at least one of the following: additional content pertaining to the subject, a related technical question. Replies with useless, unrelated comments or questions will be deleted.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/1265620-post2.html

any non related posts will be deleted

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.