8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I set out to install a new component speaker system in my 06 Honda Civic EX and was taking pictures of every step so that I could produce a how-to for installing new front speakers. Well, I got the first one done and went back to grab the second speaker when I realized it was damaged! The frame of the speaker was bent. Unfortunately, I will not be able to take it back until tomorrow, but let this be a reminder to everyone: inspect the product before you install it. I got so excited about making the how-to that I forgot. Let my pain be your gain. :)

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I know your pain. I've also been in your shoes before, but mine was possibly a little worse. I got everything, and it all looked ok at first. After putting it in, the amp was dead from the factory. That was a fun one to troubleshoot after rewiring everything, new headunit installed, all new speakers around, and the amp. The amp was actually faulty.

Can't wait to see the DIY. Good luck.

·
Registered
342 Posts
How about this one. My brother and I replaced a clutch on an 83 Chevy Citation. The job went perfectly and by the book. We replaced the clutch disk, pressure plate and throw-out bearing. After roughly 9 hours of work we started the car and heard a horrible screaching sound. It turns out the throw-out bearing was defective and the screaching sound was the fingers of the pressure plate rubbing on the throw-out bearing that would not spin.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wanted to let you know that my DIY will have to wait until at least Wednesday. I took the speakers back this afternoon and they were out of stock and so were having a pair transferred from another store, with it arriving hopefully Wednesday. I've gotten to the point of taking the panel off, but didn't have any more pictures, so it will have to wait until Wednesday at the earliest. On a side note, though, my rear speakers should arrive Friday and I'll try to write up a DIY for those as well. Hopefully those won't arrive damaged ;)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Woop Woop cant wait.... I think everyone will greatly appreciate what you will do... even if u dont get a TY

but you will from me... even before hand

THANKS!

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
How about this one. My brother and I replaced a clutch on an 83 Chevy Citation. The job went perfectly and by the book. We replaced the clutch disk, pressure plate and throw-out bearing. After roughly 9 hours of work we started the car and heard a horrible screaching sound. It turns out the throw-out bearing was defective and the screaching sound was the fingers of the pressure plate rubbing on the throw-out bearing that would not spin.
I think I would cry. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
yeah i always inspect everything and test for fitment.

i know a lot of guys at honda who worked on cars would diagnose a car, then take the bad part out, only to find we didn't have it in stock, and spend an hour or two more to put it back in the car to order the part, to do what they just did when the part comes in...

·
Registered
342 Posts
brolewis said:
On a side note, though, my rear speakers should arrive Friday and I'll try to write up a DIY for those as well. Hopefully those won't arrive damaged ;)
But if they do at least you know you won't make the same mistake again.

Keep up the good work...looking forward to hearing of your success.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts