8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm learning the hard way that one of the hardest things to find these days is any type of Civic (coupe, sedan) in an EX trim with a 5-speed manual transmission and navigation system. Oye! I don't even care what color. I'm having a hard time even getting the dealer to give me any type of ETA of receiving this type of vehicle...anyone else noticing this? :banghead:

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
shoptb said:
I'm learning the hard way that one of the hardest things to find these days is any type of Civic (coupe, sedan) in an EX trim with a 5-speed manual transmission and navigation system. Oye! I don't even care what color. I'm having a hard time even getting the dealer to give me any type of ETA of receiving this type of vehicle...anyone else noticing this? :banghead:
THAT is excatly the reason I went ahead and put down my $500. my ETA is OCT 15. I cannot wait. :party:

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
The dealer showed me their list of EX MT w/navis that was being delivered to dealers around here and had to do a trade with another dealer. So I guess im getting 1 of the first ex with navi 5 speed around for a couple weeks. I said here is your $500 thank you let me know when it's on the way.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, we searched (in the surrounding 6 states) for any inventory or on-orders...and there were no EX MT Coupes w/ Navi. They said they were gonna place the order on 9/15...then I found out that they didn't place the order because "galaxy gray couldn't be ordered until October". I think that was a load of bunk since I drove a galaxy gray coupe without Navi at the dealer last week. I feel like I'm getting the run around because the level of communication is pretty bad.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
shoptb said:
Yeah, we searched (in the surrounding 6 states) for any inventory or on-orders...and there were no EX MT Coupes w/ Navi. They said they were gonna place the order on 9/15...then I found out that they didn't place the order because "galaxy gray couldn't be ordered until October". I think that was a load of bunk since I drove a galaxy gray coupe without Navi at the dealer last week. I feel like I'm getting the run around because the level of communication is pretty bad.
I needed to leave them with that $500 before I even knew the price. I based my figure off the invoice of a 2006 4 door EX w/ Navi.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
oh yeah one other thing. My Ex MT w/NAVI is schulduled to be built 10-2 through 10-6 in Canada. As much as I hate to say it, If It is not delivered to my local dealer by the 15th of OCT. I will just go to the chevrolet dealer and buy a cobalt. or to scion and get a tc. I have be trying to buy a new honda civic in my colors since early AUG. Im really getting tired of waiting. I have since seen other great buys on similar cars. Even though the civic coupe has been my favroite body style of all times.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
SI Price is too much for me

The SI is gonna cost between $22,000-$24,000 depending if you want NAVI. that's not drive out your looking at like 25-27k drive off the lot price. But it will be worth every penny of it. I just need a good gas mileage gettin car sooner than DEC.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
honda has released info that it will be below 20k to purchase base price. They would take a lot of crap from the automotive industry and customers if they didn't hold true to their claim if "sub 20k starting cost".

Unofficial reports claim high 19's without destination charges.

·
Registered
287 Posts
webby said:
honda has released info that it will be below 20k to purchase base price. They would take a lot of crap from the automotive industry and customers if they didn't hold true to their claim if "sub 20k starting cost".

Unofficial reports claim high 19's without destination charges.
so we could be looking at 23K MSRP for an Si fully loaded, assuming that both the tires & navi are $1000 options. Looks like a Si w/Nav is going to be 25K OTD. :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
~racnjsn04~ said:
Thats what Im saying 25k-27k I saw the window sticker on the Concept SI at the auto show in ATL it was like 30k.
yeah, to make. Thats dirt cheap if thats how much it costed to make that concept.

Oh and Navi is an extra $1750 on coupes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've had my MT Sedan with Navi for almost a month now, and I love it. I have still yet to see a couple with the same combination. I wonder if they actually exist!

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Thanks for rubbing it in Shoptb! I'm glad you love your car. I have seen MT sedan w/ navi but no MT coupes/navi. I called dealer today to see where the car was and he told me Kansas city.?! I dont know why it would go through Kanas City. I figured they would just bring it down I-75. The shortest route possiable. I guess my car just wanted to do some site seeing the world before it gets here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
~racnjsn04~ said:
Thanks for rubbing it in Shoptb! I'm glad you love your car. I have seen MT sedan w/ navi but no MT coupes/navi. I called dealer today to see where the car was and he told me Kansas city.?! I dont know why it would go through Kanas City. I figured they would just bring it down I-75. The shortest route possiable. I guess my car just wanted to do some site seeing the world before it gets here.
That's hilarious - I think that Kansas City may be the breeding ground for all MT Civics with Navi....considering that's where I had to go to buy mine. LMAO!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts