8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my NHBP lx coupe around the end of July 2006 new with the shipping plastics still on the car. It has the 5 speed auto, which I chose because I drive about 100 miles per day. The car daily ascends steep hills, gravel roads, and in winter mud/ice/snow. I am a mixed driver, 50% of the time I baby the car for mileage and 50% of the time I floor it, pitch it into on ramps, and really use those suspension bushings to the max.

The car is fairly comfortable, the seats are firm, but not stiff. Large bolsters keep my fatness in place, its a very good feel. All locks, handles, hindges, lights, and electronics have been 100%. I have installed 10k HIDS and a 500 watt amp and sub without any issues to date. The stock tires ran out around 33k miles, with a cheap $400 walmart set to replace them. I have changed the oil every 4-5k and the oil comes out pretty much the same as it went in.

One complaint I do have is i had to change my ATF at around 22k. It was brown, and shifting irregular. They was a good amount of clutch pack sediment in the tranny pan, I re-filled the trans with Q performance. Since then the tranny has pretty much been flawless with power holding, shifting, and all the hills i take to goto work and school. I have noticed that a tranny or possible engine mount is going out, 2-3 low speed shifting jars the car every now and then.

Problems I had with the car from the start. My gas door didnt open (fixed by dealer). My radio reset itself a few times (Fixed by dealer). My driver door inside hand grip fell off within 50 miles (Fixed by dealer).

I now have a slight problem with the driver side window shuddering when rolling up or down when its wet, its not always doing this, but it happens.

Good things about the car. It drives, handles, feels like brand new. I hit a dog back a few months ago at 70mph and did a few grand in damage but the OEM replacement parts were 100%, fit perfect, paint matched perfectly and you cannot tell i damaged the car. Plus during the accident the car pretty much blew apart like it was supposed to without activating the speed based air bags.

The brakes are extremely good for an econobox, i havent changed the pads yet, and I am sure i have at least 20k left in them. The car wears all 4 tires very evenly, it doesnt camber.

Overall I have beat the crap out of this thing, and it holds up 100%, still feels new. I'm fairely impressed with the quality of these things.

I am however looking at a new car, something a little bigger. I went from a Lexus LS to a honda civic, and i'm thinking of going to a Chrysler 300. Something a little more suited for my fat ass 6'4 frame.

THIS WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY BOREDOM AT WORK, REMEMBER IF YOUR NOT BORED THEN YOUR NOT AT WORK.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thinkinblue613 said:
What happened to the dog?

I dodged him twice but it was not enough, he took out my air box, entire front bumper and the mounts, the driver side fender wall and control arm

the dog was definitely dead, but it was immediately ran over by a semi after i hit him.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Odaisn said:
You should go for the charger, I see way too many Chrysler 300s around, I love the car tho...
I would love to have either the 300 or the charger now that they have a lifetime warranty on those crappy 3.0 v6's and trannys. Those would make a much nicer commuter car, Mmmmm 120 inch wheelbase.

·
Registered
465 Posts
phillipguru said:
I would love to have either the 300 or the charger now that they have a lifetime warranty on those crappy 3.0 v6's and trannys. Those would make a much nicer commuter car, Mmmmm 120 inch wheelbase.
DO IT!

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Ive been seeing alot of 06+civics with their front bumpers half off! really damaged. I must of seen atleast 5 with their bumpers cracked going down the freeway just today and the other day. A huge chunk of their bumper is missing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts