8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I'm thinking of getting a lx coupe (for mileage purposes) and I really like the spoiler on the si and thinking of installing it on the coupe. I've read several threads saying that removing the deck lid will show many holes where the screws go and you have to get those filled and repainted. I just wanted to know if there's anybody living in SoCal (Long Beach, Lakewood, Cerritos area mainly) that has done that to their dx/lx/ex and know a shop that does a pretty decent job filling the holes. This is just out of curiosity since I don't have the car yet and when I do I might also look into trunk swapping but for now i was wondering if anyone knows a place. Thanks very much for your time!

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
did u say spoiler... whatcha think of this?

what about this?

or this one here? no?

haha, seriously, u better off getting a complete trunk swap if u can find one. i got quoted $350 patching of holes when i had my lx. not worth it.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:laughing: Haha no thanks! And you're probably right about the trunk swap.. easy and cheap. 350 is way too much! Thanks for the advice..hopefully someone has one to swap. :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
661 Posts
i got VIS spoiler, they filled all the 8 holes and repainted it.. the spoiler installtion is around 200 plus 250 for filling and repainting total of 450, in your case maybe 350 or so... the shop is in carson..

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Umm another question is about ordering the trunk from honda parts (like college hills). Can you buy an Si trunk? Does the LX trunk come with the holes if you just buy the trunk without the deck lid? It's not that I don't like the deck lid (I think it's pretty cool that it comes standard with the car), I just like how the wing looks on the coupe...nice and clean, not ricey but still a little aggressive but still maintaining that stock feeling. Thanks again for those who replied. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.