8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking to purchase an exhaust system for my 09+ Civic Si Sedan, and I believe I want to go with a Go-Power system, but my only concern is dealing with drone on the highway with your standard system. I would love to have the standard system for everyday driving, but then for long highway trips, be able swap out the small section of pipe that makes the "standard" version in to the "quiet" version.

I was wondering if you guys could provide me with a quote for what it would cost to have that extra piece of pipe made up with a "quiet" resonator on it if I were to order a standard system?

I have included a picture so that you can see what I am talking about incase I am not clear in what I am talking about. In the picture, how much more would it cost to have the lower section of pipe fabbed up so that I could swap that section of pipe out if I were going to go on a highway trip?

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just get a silencer they are $50 and you can put them in and take them out without getting under your car. You just Have to remove two bolts

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO, sliencers sound like doo-doo. I would rather pay a bit more and do it the right way. The quiet Go-Power exhaust still sounds very nice, just not as nice as the standard version IMO.

So, Go-Power, how much for that piece of pipe with the silencer? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Bump!

I'm interested in what this would cost, please let me know!
As of right now something like that if we were able to get those done from our vendor would be something like $250 shipped or so. And they would have to be tied into the order of exhausts that we do and just have them make extra pieces of the resonator section with us supplying the larger resonator.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, please keep us posted on the GB. Any break on the pricing depending on the number of participants?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well there's 3 people right there that are in on the exhaust GB already. I know that there's more out there too!

FWIW, I'm interested in getting a standard system for an FA5.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump for GB. There are 4 people in this thread alone who said they would participate.

Any details/updates on when this will be announced CJ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts