8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my SI Sedan (fa5? is this correct?) for about 6 months now, and im getting ready to do some modding to the car.

Im going to try to keep this simple. Im going to give you guys a list below of what parts I want, and Im hoping for some opinion and feedback on what may be better ( please state why, you think is better) and keeping it in the same price range as the first option I threw out.

Window visors. (whats the difference between JDM and Mugen?)

Injen SRI. Im not type of driver where i will lower my car and slow down for dips, so im worried about water getting into a CAI. Should i stick with a SRI or will the filter block out the water on a CAI good enough?

Tint... i'll be getting 25% in the back, and 35 in the front. I live in CALI, so we have issues. Im hoping the fade from front to back will throw the coppers off.

My BIGGEST question is, a APEXI N1. Im trying to change the sound, and i like the sound of the N1. However I do not need it to be super loud where i set off alarms. This will mean i do not need the mid pipe and such...correct? Also, if i get a universal this will mean it will fit on my car by welding it on?

one last question...im involved in a hit and run just about 3 weeks ago. I didn't report it because my insurance has a deductable for 1,000.00. The damage is a dent in the passenger side along with scratches, and my rear view mirror is scratched. If i report it, will this first off be over 1000.00 in repairs? And second will it raise my insurance prices?

Thanks everyone in advance for the help and taking the time to read this. I'll hopefully see some of you guys soon at the meets and such once i get it started.

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
Start by reading some of the content within the threads below

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt...fore-posting-bolt-ons-all-motor-stickies.html

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/susp...ing-new-thread-suspension-brake-stickies.html

Do It Yourself Articles - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

As far as your accident goes was your car the victim of a hit and run or were you the one who hit another car?

If you deductible is $1000 than you will have to pay the $1000 but anything beyond that will be covered by insurance. I don't know if your insurance will go up or not. It depends on things such as your driving record and how old you are.

Hope this helps.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
first off, you need to get your deductible down to $500, because unless you do major damage, it's kind useless. it's like having a warranty, but having to 3/4 of the repair bill. no, that repair won't be more than $1000, and definitely not worth reporting even it was, as it would only be slightly over.

well, as far as performance goes, intakes aren't worth it unless you need one (fi, hondata, header/exhaust, etc), so just get an sri since you'd be doing it for sound. then again, hydrolocking your car can make you money, like in my case, but my car was paid off, which some say matters. adding things like an intake and a throttle body spacer to make your car faster just doesn't work. i learned the hard way. you gain more install experience power than you do horse power.

·
Registered
135 Posts
SRI or CAI, it just all depends on u and the place u ar living, does it always raining or ***?...i m living in ontario...doesnt always rain heavily...but i still put on the CAI and SOMETIMES would pushed so hard even tho is raining...i think it wun cause u hydrolock unless u ar not driving in the river...but on my opinion...just go change a RH for performance...cat back exhaust for sounds is gd enough...i got the injen CAI on my ride at the first mod...but i dun see any performance upgraded so obvious after installed...except for the sounds...the stock intake system is gd enough for performance...just save ur money to get a better RH like Hi-tech or SSR...but u should consider abt is it worth to take the risk....coz both RH should be install without the cat...heard ppl said the law in Cali is pretty tough...and are u sure wanna get the N1 exhaust??....i think it's pretty loud!!...i will prefer the greddy ti-c one...it's sexy and loud enough when hitting vtec....it does normal but louder than stock when under 4000 rpm...it's up to u how u mod ur car anyway...
BTW....yes.....FA5=sedan....FG2=coupe....

·
Read Only
0 Posts
SRI or CAI, it just all depends on u and the place u ar living, does it always raining or ***?...i m living in ontario...doesnt always rain heavily...but i still put on the CAI and SOMETIMES would pushed so hard even tho is raining...i think it wun cause u hydrolock unless u ar not driving in the river...but on my opinion...just go change a RH for performance...cat back exhaust for sounds is gd enough...i got the injen CAI on my ride at the first mod...but i dun see any performance upgraded so obvious after installed...except for the sounds...the stock intake system is gd enough for performance...just save ur money to get a better RH like Hi-tech or SSR...but u should consider abt is it worth to take the risk....coz both RH should be install without the cat...heard ppl said the law in Cali is pretty tough...and are u sure wanna get the N1 exhaust??....i think it's pretty loud!!...i will prefer the greddy ti-c one...it's sexy and loud enough when hitting vtec....it does normal but louder than stock when under 4000 rpm...it's up to u how u mod ur car anyway...
BTW....yes.....FA5=sedan....FG2=coupe....
just so you know, typing like that (wtf is "wun", "ar", "gd", "coz", etc, and what's with all those periods?) will make people not take you seriously, as it makes you look 12 and uneducated and such. i don't like to make posts like this where it sounds like i'm just randomly being a ****, but i just had to let you know that it looks so stupid. you don't have to type perfect, i mean look at me, i'm not using capitals (which drastically improves wpm), but using 4 periods instead of 1 space? what's that do?

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
i agree with an earlier post. fix the dent and scrapes first. you'll look rice as h e double hockey sticks if you're rolling around with all this exterior stuff and a big gaping eyesore. after that, you can prolly get away with 5% in back, 25% up front in cali. i do on a nhbp fa5. sri is all you really need. great sound output and u can feel it on the butt dyno. no real gains by itself though. exhaust, the n1 sounds clean and isn't too loud. the $1,000 dudctible is what I have as well but like mentioned earlier, it's useless unless it's a major accident. just be extra careful with that high a deductible and every time your policy comes up for renewal, see how much it goes up if you drop your deductible around.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what is an SRI?

thanks for the tip's you guys. As of right now im not sure if i'll be fixing the dent or not. Im getting mixed quotes of putting down 200-400 of just popping the dents back out and repainting it. I'll be getting the tint tomorrow before summer rolls around and i cant roll down my windows for a week. Im guessing i'll skip the intake since it doesnt improve performance by much. I've read just about every sticky there is in each section.

Im thinking if i should get a strut/sway bar in replace of the intake. Im not too big on the outside looks, im more of a internal guy. If i can drive harder and faster than the guy next to me where his car only looks better, i could care less.

The only reason i'll be getting the visor is because i cruise around a lot and go pretty far places for my hobbies on weekends. I've had my car about 6 months and have put 9.5k miles on it as of right now, rock dings and scratches plentiful over the car. Sure, i'd like to keep it shiny and glossy as possible so it doesnt rust in the long run, but no way do i expect it to be in perfect condition.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
op, on the back/front side window tints, i'd go with a greater difference in % between rear and front tints... the difference between 25% and 35% probably won't be noticeable enough to give the effect you're looking for. i went with 20% and 50%, and at night, my front sides still look tinted enough to make me worry about attracting attention...

·
Registered
135 Posts
just so you know, typing like that (wtf is "wun", "ar", "gd", "coz", etc, and what's with all those periods?) will make people not take you seriously, as it makes you look 12 and uneducated and such. i don't like to make posts like this where it sounds like i'm just randomly being a ****, but i just had to let you know that it looks so stupid. you don't have to type perfect, i mean look at me, i'm not using capitals (which drastically improves wpm), but using 4 periods instead of 1 space? what's that do?
Wuts the point u made this post up? complaining abt ppl's typing format?...wut an idiot!!...i still like to keep that way....bite me?!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
what is an SRI?

thanks for the tip's you guys. As of right now im not sure if i'll be fixing the dent or not. Im getting mixed quotes of putting down 200-400 of just popping the dents back out and repainting it. I'll be getting the tint tomorrow before summer rolls around and i cant roll down my windows for a week. Im guessing i'll skip the intake since it doesnt improve performance by much. I've read just about every sticky there is in each section.

Im thinking if i should get a strut/sway bar in replace of the intake. Im not too big on the outside looks, im more of a internal guy. If i can drive harder and faster than the guy next to me where his car only looks better, i could care less.

The only reason i'll be getting the visor is because i cruise around a lot and go pretty far places for my hobbies on weekends. I've had my car about 6 months and have put 9.5k miles on it as of right now, rock dings and scratches plentiful over the car. Sure, i'd like to keep it shiny and glossy as possible so it doesnt rust in the long run, but no way do i expect it to be in perfect condition.
just get it fixed dont go cheap on it either. intake header and exhaust should be good. also the SI isnt a fast car so you arent going to be blow away really by any mod unless you supercharge it or turbo. the intake makes the car louder and it does help somewhat.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Wuts the point u made this post up? complaining abt ppl's typing format?...wut an idiot!!...i still like to keep that way....bite me?!
*sigh*

typing format? you call how you type a format? abt, is that an electronics store or a 9 year olds way of typing the word about? if this wasn't a car forum, i wouldn't believe you're over the age of 13. don't get angry at me just because i'm trying to tell you that you will get made fun of and won't be taken seriously if you don't grow out of your jr high rebellious/cool way to type style of typing (the way i understand it, the more you butcher/misspell a word, the cooler it is). it doesn't increase your wpm, and looks so so dumb. i would say you're too young to realize how stupid it looks, but you're not.

i'll leave you alone now, as i'm not looking to argue here, especially when you apparently don't get it, even though you're 19. you'll eventually realize how you type is beyond embarrassing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone.

One last question

To put on a catback...what do i need (sedan)? Can i just buy the catback itself? I've been reading around and read something about a greddy attatchment. Is that only needed if i get a greddy exauhst?

Too much information at one time definitely confuses me...

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Thanks everyone.

One last question

To put on a catback...what do i need (sedan)? Can i just buy the catback itself? I've been reading around and read something about a greddy attatchment. Is that only needed if i get a greddy exauhst?

Too much information at one time definitely confuses me...
You don't need the adapter unless you are buying a catback made for a 2dr and putting it on a 4 dr.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I just got into an accident with my driver side rear quarter panel...cost $2,400

but i would check out the site theres alot of good threads on mods and comparisons

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
*sigh*

typing format? you call how you type a format? abt, is that an electronics store or a 9 year olds way of typing the word about? if this wasn't a car forum, i wouldn't believe you're over the age of 13. don't get angry at me just because i'm trying to tell you that you will get made fun of and won't be taken seriously if you don't grow out of your jr high rebellious/cool way to type style of typing (the way i understand it, the more you butcher/misspell a word, the cooler it is). it doesn't increase your wpm, and looks so so dumb. i would say you're too young to realize how stupid it looks, but you're not.

i'll leave you alone now, as i'm not looking to argue here, especially when you apparently don't get it, even though you're 19. you'll eventually realize how you type is beyond embarrassing.
+1

A regional forum i'm on give you one warning for ALL CAPS, terrible misspellings or Ebonics typing. The next time it happens, 2 week ban. The third time, IP ban. Lol. It just makes users look immature. But I mean we could possibly understand if you were f.o.b.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.