8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge Caliber SRT4 starts at $22,995

"If you're looking for new, interesting, and not-too-expensive ways to immolate front tires at a prodigious rate, Dodge's compact rocketship, the Caliber SRT4, will arrive at dealers with a price tag of $22,995, the automaker has announced. In addition to the 285-horsepower/265 lb-ft turbo four tucked behind the Caliber's pugnacious mug, that sum also nets buyers the full suite of SRT performance modifications (6-speed Getrag DMT6 manual, SRT bodywork, 19" painted wheels, brake and suspension upgrades, etc.) plus an interior that features bolstered SRT-branded sport seats, a unique gauge cluster, and standard equipment like the Chill Zone cooled storage bin, illuminated cupholders, and other assorted items. Chrysler also listed the prices of three options it figures to be popular selections. A power sunroof will tack on $795, the Kicker/SRT audio system runs an additional $1,190, and 19" polished aluminum SRT wheels will carry a $400 surcharge.

Follow the jump for Chrysler's full press release. "
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/21/dodge-caliber-srt4-starts-at-22-995/

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Nice power and torque numbers, but unfortunately it's as ugly as a neon and uglier than the new 08 Impreza... I'll pass...

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
i like how they used the black pillars. looks utility yet kinda sporty.

looks kinda chunky but then it's a crossover wagon thingie so i suppose
that might work. numbers alone, looks good.

·
Registered
178 Posts
07BlakBlak said:
they gonna offer the "lifetime" powertrain warranty wth that? they will go out of business.
Yes because we all know the SRT designed engines are cancer to the auto industry.. give me a break :shady:

I personally think they took WAY too long on this project. Had this been released last year as promised it would have shown a much stronger interest. Part of the reason why I jumped from my old SRT-4 to my Civic Si.. grew tired of waiting.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
cation said:
Nice power and torque numbers, but unfortunately it's as ugly as a neon and uglier than the new 08 Impreza... I'll pass...
agreed. that **** is so ugly, i would never drive that thing. why would you want a sports compact that looks like a dodge SUV/wagon...

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'd definitely check this out...the lease on the Si won't run out quick enough. I'd love to see that powerplant in the Charger preferrably though.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
hozay09 said:
Yes because we all know the SRT designed engines are cancer to the auto industry.. give me a break :shady:

I personally think they took WAY too long on this project. Had this been released last year as promised it would have shown a much stronger interest. Part of the reason why I jumped from my old SRT-4 to my Civic Si.. grew tired of waiting.
errrrr.......what about the fact you can buy one and beat it like a red headed stepchild for basically ever. I know I certainly wouldnt be waiting for the car to warm up before I flogged the hell out of it. I think they are going to have a couple warranty claims, eh? And by a couple, I mean thousands because the trans. is gonna drop out and they are going to end up buying a ton of them back, just like the last time------its a POS. VERY fast though....

·
Registered
178 Posts
07BlakBlak said:
errrrr.......what about the fact you can buy one and beat it like a red headed stepchild for basically ever. I know I certainly wouldnt be waiting for the car to warm up before I flogged the hell out of it. I think they are going to have a couple warranty claims, eh? And by a couple, I mean thousands because the trans. is gonna drop out and they are going to end up buying a ton of them back, just like the last time------its a POS. VERY fast though....
SRT model's are not considered under the same warranty offer's available to other models.

I wouldn't consider this a POS friend, they have been testing this set up for quite a while now. "just like the last time" If you're referring to the '05 model having 3rd gear synchro issues then the same would be said for our '07 model correct?

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
hozay09 said:
SRT model's are not considered under the same warranty offer's available to other models.

I wouldn't consider this a POS friend, they have been testing this set up for quite a while now. "just like the last time" If you're referring to the '05 model having 3rd gear synchro issues then the same would be said for our '07 model correct?

no, the 3rd gear synchro issue is a irritation, like a rash. I am talking about the actual buybacks some Dodge dealers including my former dealership, Fitzgerald Dodge/Chevrolet/Cadillac/VW/Mazda/Saab had to go through due to actual transmission failure even after a replaced trans. We had 3 of them sitting around back waiting for weeks for parts and Dodge reps to come and look at them before they bought them back.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
that thing has got to be heavie as balls? it looks horrible. and yet again lets just throw a turbo in it and call it a day. now were goin to have more "kids" sayin this is better than the si. it took them so long to gt this project done and its still crap. i have to admit that buying a car from the factory that had a hood like that is pretty sick, wonder if its functional

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
of all things they could have done...they should have painted the side mirrors...its samll things like that that make me not like it. besides as he said^ it is going to be heavy. an american made wagon/car/hatchback/suv isnt going to weigh it at 2800 lbs...

·
Registered
20 Posts
1) How is that considered a sport compact??
2) Why in god's name isn't this AWD? Dodge offers an R/T trim of the Caliber thats AWD..... the hell is this thing FWD for... :(

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
07BlakBlak said:
they gonna offer the "lifetime" powertrain warranty wth that? they will go out of business.
The lifetime powertrain warranty does not include any srt models. Yeah, I think that's stupid too considering the srt models have the best tranny's if you ask me.

As for people saying (neon) srt4's are garbage, please man. I have a friend that has over 70k on his and it still runs like it's fresh off the lot. He's been through a countless number of setups, and he's dogged the hell out of that thing on a daily basis since he got it.. still runs like new.

514S said:
1) How is that considered a sport compact??
2) Why in god's name isn't this AWD? Dodge offers an R/T trim of the Caliber thats AWD..... the hell is this thing FWD for... :(
1) If the ms3 is a sport compace, than this is a sport compact. They're both wagons..
2) IDK man.. I've been asking this question since I first saw the caliber r/t at a car show. I guess that's just one of those dumb things they decided to do just to have more top end. :shrugs:

[edit] I just looked up the weight of the caliber, and it weighs in at 2966. That's not the srt model, but it gives a ballpark I guess. Not bad at all.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts