8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i jus bought a pair of low beam 9006 light bulbs, its a 12v 55watts,.. check my car specification on the low beam bulbs and it recommends the low beam light should be 12v 51 watts,, Question do you guys think its okay to use the new light bulbs? is it gonna cause any harm in long run? its urgent lets me know....cant wait to install it...thanks in advance...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
some extra infor,
i have a sedan civic 4 dr lx
wanna confirm does it uses the same size for low beam as the SI model?

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
usually higher watt bulbs run the risk of burning out, or even possibly melting the wiring if it's high enough. I know some 7thgen owners used some high wattage bulbs and it fried the wiring harness going to the bulbs. I doubt the 4watts will do anything though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think so too, 4 extra watts will not cause a big harms..anyway i already put it in (cant wait too long hehhe) and test driving..and find out the left side(driver side) is a little brighter then the right side(passenger) wonder is that normal?

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
leo3000 said:
i think so too, 4 extra watts will not cause a big harms..anyway i already put it in (cant wait too long hehhe) and test driving..and find out the left side(driver side) is a little brighter then the right side(passenger) wonder is that normal?
Did you touch either bulb with your oily fingers? If you touched the bulb with your fingers it won't last as long.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess i had accidently touch the right side bulb while tried to put it in...what should i do? should i clear it? if yes, what should i use to clear it?

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
leo3000 said:
i guess i had accidently touch the right side bulb while tried to put it in...what should i do? should i clear it? if yes, what should i use to clear it?
If you got them from the WAL or an auto parts store maybe you can return them. Use a paper towel or wear gloves when you put in the next set. :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn...i dont think i will able to return it..i should be more caution next time..thanks for ur advise..

·
Registered
445 Posts
other option is buy another pair. I've got a pair of Sylvania Silverstars for my low beams. Didn't put them in yet. Didn't want to spend $$ for HIDs.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I think silverstars are among the better bulbs. Most aftermarket bulbs I've tried in the past had very short life spans. And yes, I always wore gloves or used a paper towel to install them. Most brands I had died within 6 months. The stars have lasted for over 2 years, and are still going.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i learn my lesson, will try out silver star for me next bulbs...i do have 90 day warranty thou...hope this pair will burn out within warranty period...heheh
wonder, there is no way to clear it? after i touch the bulbs?

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
yeah I think the silverstars are worth the money. They are definately more white looking than stock. They seem to cast a brighter beam as well. I honestly tried about 5 sets of different "hid looking" blue/white bulbs. They didn't last for anything. Some didn't even last 2 months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts