8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after a day or of scouring the net and picking my brain for things to do, I found out that the Mooresville Drag Strip is doing their annual CARpalooza on 17-Jul-10 (Saturday).

I hear the Mooresville "Mad Dawgs" have a few monsters worth seeing this year. (Sponsored by Race Tech)

Should be a lot of fun, and would definitely be better if we could get a group of us to go!

Mooresville Schedule here:
New Page 1

To whoever may be interested: Just leave a reply stating that you'd like to go! For those of us in the Charlotte/Matthews/Concord area, we can meet up before hand if you'd like, then ride up to Mooresville en masse! :D

I'll post up more info as I get it (Race time, meet time, etc.).

I don't want to hear anybody say "I don't have any money" - I'll pay your way if thats the case (gas/food/drinks/whatever it may be) :thumbsup: PM me with your cashflow troubles ;)

FINAL UPDATE:

Schedule: (Or "OPTEMPO" for you militant types :) )

New Info: For those wanting to participate in the 'convoy' up to Mooresville Drag Strip, feel free to meet us in front of the Double Tree hotel, located at: 6300 Morrison Boulevard, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States 28211. Please arrive no later than 10:30am if you will be participating the 'convoy', as we will be departing the hotel at 10:45am on the dot.

*17-Jul-10*
between 11:30am - 12:00pm - Those who wish to go to the drags arrive at Mooresville Dragway
between 4:30pm - 5:00pm - Drag crew meets Go-Karting crew at the NASCAR SpeedPark at Concord Mills Mall
??? (when done with Go-Karts) - Everyone heads to dinner! (Location TBD)
??? (when done with dinner) - Those who wish to continue the night will most likely do so :D (Photoshoot???)

Directions:
To Mooresville Dragway
- From the North (I-40 / I-77)
Winston-Salem, NC to Hwy 152 W, Mooresville, NC 28115 - Google Maps

- From the North (I-85)
Winston-Salem, NC to Hwy 152 W, Mooresville, NC 28115 - Google Maps

- From the East (US-52 / NC-152)
Albemarle, NC to Hwy 152 W, Mooresville, NC 28115 - Google Maps

- From the South (I-77)
Rock Hill, SC to Hwy 152 W, Mooresville, NC 28115 - Google Maps

- From the West (NC-150)
Lincolnton, NC to Hwy 152 W, Mooresville, NC 28115 - Google Maps

To NASCAR SpeedPark
- From Mooresville Dragway
Hwy 152 W, Mooresville, NC 28115 to 8461 Concord Mills Blvd, Concord, NC 28027 - Google Maps

- From the East (NC-73)
Albemarle, NC to 8461 Concord Mills Blvd, Concord, NC 28027 - Google Maps

- From the South (I-77 / I-85)
Rock Hill, SC to 8461 Concord Mills Blvd, Concord, NC 28027 - Google Maps

- From the West (NC-73)
Lincolnton, NC to 8461 Concord Mills Blvd, Concord, NC 28027 - Google Maps

*Please Take Note if you're not familiar with the area, that the SpeedPark is located at the rear of the Concord Mills Mall. If you approach the mall with Dave and Busters and the movie theater at your 2 o'clock position, take a left (or right if you prefer) and continue all the way around the mall until you see the Go-Kart tracks. There is an entrance to the mall to the left of the track that you must enter to reach the indoor entrance of the SpeedPark. Inside the mall, the SpeedPark entrance will be on your right.

Who Will Be/Plan On Attending:
  • PainIs4ThaWeak (+1)
  • f2kboost
  • TheBlueMugen
  • mattsbobo
  • PltGnnr
  • Nomar06
  • spcdan
  • IceMurder
  • GReddyEX
  • InfamousN
  • jdmEGO
  • Bouncing_Soulz
  • rooster (+ ?)
  • Berndonfat
  • greg porter
  • Carowe

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
So would the entire meet consist of the drag racing? What's the time table for the drag event? :popcorn:

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
remind me again when it gets closer :giggle:

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So would the entire meet consist of the drag racing? What's the time table for the drag event? :popcorn:
I was thinking - If people were so inclined to tag along - we could:

A. - Go hit the NASCAR SpeedPark @ Concord Mills (go-kart spot) before/after/or after we've had enough of drag racing (more info to come if people like the idea)
-or-
B. - Go eat lunch/dinner (somewhere's decent, but not insanely expensive)
-or-
C. - Throw a little party - Hotel? Thinking the Double Tree @ South Park (Seeing as I don't have a house/apartment in Charlotte - I work/live in VA currently, when I'm in the states) I'll offset the cost for individuals who need help with a room as best as I possibly can.

Post a reply as to which of these you'd like to do (or a combination of the three - OR if you have another idea, feel free to post that as well).

As far as details on the drag event - I haven't had a chance to call the Mooresville dragway because I'm on the road out here (in Iraq) and don't have a phone nearby (got internet though, lol .... how does THAT work?)

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I'm definitely down for go karts, grabbing a bite to eat somewhere, and maybe hitting a spot to snap some pics. As for the party and drag racing, I'll wait for the peanut gallery to chime in.

I know there MIGHT be a couple of members that would be joining us from the Fayette-Nam area. I can't speak for what they would be into though. I'll shoot them the link to this trhead.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm up for getting together in Charlotte. All I'll need is the specific where and what time we are meeting up that way I'm not wondering around lost.

·
Registered
17,283 Posts
I am going to talk to the BF about this... We will be in the fayetteville area but could maybe get a group of us to caravan out to charlotte

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I am going to talk to the BF about this... We will be in the fayetteville area but could maybe get a group of us to caravan out to charlotte
:woot:

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Minor Detail...If my Office wants me in NY that week I will not be there...haha
:sadface: We won't blame you. The bills gotta get paid. :sadface:

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm definitely down for go karts, grabbing a bite to eat somewhere, and maybe hitting a spot to snap some pics. As for the party and drag racing, I'll wait for the peanut gallery to chime in.

I know there MIGHT be a couple of members that would be joining us from the Fayette-Nam area. I can't speak for what they would be into though. I'll shoot them the link to this trhead.
Sounds good Matt. (+1 for go-karts and +1 for foodpron). And yea, please let them know.

As for the fayetteville people (and other out-of-towners like PltGnnr and Ninewestgirl) if you need a hotel reservation (@ the Double Tree Hilton @ South Park in Charlotte) PM me. I'll see what I can do to get these people a discount here, as I stay there often. (Military Discount FTW)
Link to the Double Tree: http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US...s-Charlotte-SouthPark-North-Carolina/index.do

More to follow on the hotel once I get to a friggin phone. (Urgh!)

I'm up for getting together in Charlotte. All I'll need is the specific where and what time we are meeting up that way I'm not wondering around lost.
Will do - I'll get directions to the people who need them before hand.

Again, Time specifics to follow when I get to a phone/when we get a better idea of what everyone wants.

Minor Detail...If my Office wants me in NY that week I will not be there...haha
No problem! If at all possible, let me know at least a week in advance if you can/can't make it. Especially if you and your b/f will be staying overnight @ the DoubleTree.

·
Registered
17,283 Posts
:sadface: We won't blame you. The bills gotta get paid. :sadface:
Yea, They are letting me take my job with me from NY to NC to be with my BF the one thing they want is me in the office every 6-8weeks

No problem! If at all possible, let me know at least a week in advance if you can/can't make it. Especially if you and your b/f will be staying overnight @ the DoubleTree.
I will let everyone know once my job decides what week they want me in the office, and make sure the ARMY doesn't have something in store for Jason that he'd be out of town for...

Oh and Go-Karts and food sound like fun! :badger:

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Go carts and food sounds like fun. Any idea on the time for the Mooresville Drag thing?

Here is what Im getting at....

The Double tree in Southpark is about 30mins from the go-cart/food place in Concord then the dragway is another 30 mins or so further north.

I guess we could head up to the Dragway....check that out....head down to the go-carts...try to kill each other(rubbins racing :giggle:)....eat at Dave and Busters that is at Concord Mills......then head Uptown or whatever for pics.

*Times are given with some extra time....caravans take more time :giggle:

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yea, They are letting me take my job with me from NY to NC to be with my BF the one thing they want is me in the office every 6-8weeks

I will let everyone know once my job decides what week they want me in the office, and make sure the ARMY doesn't have something in store for Jason that he'd be out of town for...

Oh and Go-Karts and food sound like fun! :badger:
Perfect. :)

+3 for Go-Karts
-and-
+3 for Foodeez

Btw, for all those weren't aware, NASCAR's SpeedPark is attached to Concord Mills Mall, one of the largest malls in NC (if not THE largest) (Link here: Concord Mills - Concord, NC 28027 | Simon Malls ), so if your lady friends aren't the rubber-burnin' go-kart types, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to blow your extra cash in the mall. :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Go carts and food sounds like fun. Any idea on the time for the Mooresville Drag thing?

Here is what Im getting at....

The Double tree in Southpark is about 30mins from the go-cart/food place in Concord then the dragway is another 30 mins or so further north.

I guess we could head up to the Dragway....check that out....head down to the go-carts...try to kill each other(rubbins racing :giggle:)....eat at Dave and Busters that is at Concord Mills......then head Uptown or whatever for pics.

Unfortunately I'm not sure on times yet - I probably won't be back "home" (Baghdad) til early next week at this rate (dust storms are killing all the flights out of where I'm at, at present.)

But I would imagine, seeing that this is a larger event for Mooresville, that it will start early, my guess is somewhere between 8am and 10am. So your idea would work if that's the case. (But if someone wants to give a call up there to the Mooresville Dragway and see what time the event/drags start on the 17th, that'd be a great help, and we can make this plan "concrete" sooner.) Their number is: Track Phone: 704-663-4685 & Home Phone: 704-872-6450

IF that works out, and some people weren't up for the drag thing (I can understand that some people can get tired of driving), then they can always meet up with us at the NASCAR SpeedPark after the dragway, at a set time, ready to run weed-eater circles around each other! :woot:
(Which is pretty much what I assume you were getting at Nomar, lol ? right?)

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
we could head up to the Dragway....check that out....head down to the go-carts...try to kill each other(rubbins racing :giggle:)....eat at Dave and Busters that is at Concord Mills......then head Uptown or whatever for pics.
Sounds good to me...

1 - 20 of 302 Posts