8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its Febuary, my car had a supposed build date of the 14th-16th of January. Well I called my dealership and they have no ship date and say that it is in limbo, between being built and being shipped.

Now they say that their manifest is showing this and that they know nothing. They have not even been given a VIN#. I was told "well we dont get a VIN# until after the vehicle has been shipped"

So I dont know whether to call BS or believe them. I was told to give them until Thursday to call and have them actually print out some hard copy of the shipping manifest, that it should show up on that report.

Anyone have any ideas? I would love some, because I was first told the middle of Jan, then the end of Jan, now its Feb, and its not even showing a VIN#......:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I put the money down, more than the norm 500 bux.....

was number 3 on the list in dec.... two have already gotten theirs...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Keep checking. Talk to your salesman, if not the manger. See if they sold your car, and for more money. Get deposit back. Go to another dealer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dealers will always try to mess around. Around my area I couldn't even put a deposit down on an Si, they told me they would call and i'd have to show up and be the first to buy it. Funny thing about my car....there were three people ahead of me on some list, the dealer tried to contact them but all they got was an answering machine. The sales guy told his manager that we were ready to buy and the manager gave the ok to sell it to us.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I mentioned this on another post, but you should try calling other dealerships in your area and use a car buying service to help you locate the car you want. By the way, what Civic did you have your eye on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts