8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i know this is happening to a ton of people, but is there any way to fix the rattling shounds that the window visers and all of the handles on the roof of the car? They all seem to rattle on almost every road, ill have to hit them and then they will stop? Anyone have any fixes or is it happening to anyone else here?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bulletSisedan said:
rubber pads on the contact points of the object thats rattling.
alright. so some silicon based lubricant should fix this right? I have some siliglide left over from when my moonroof was squeaking.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Check the Ceiling.

It's not THAT common, but it is annoying.

1. Check to see if your headliner is set around your sunroof and visors. Headliners have special Velcro (yes Velcro) holding them on and usually don't come loose. But if they are not set, they will sound like a drum being hit. There are struts welded to the roof under the headliner that the Velcro hooks or hoops are attached to. There is usually a piece of Velcro around each side of the sun roof, you can check to see if it is set by pulling lightly on the edge if you get a gap, it's not set. If you don't feel comfortable beating and tugging your headliner, just take it to the dealer.

2. Check to see if grab rails are loose, they might move a little, but if they are "sloppy" then they aren't set. They will either have screws or clips holding them in. Screws are easy to fix, just tighten them up. Clips aren't as easy. Regardless pull down the grab rail and remove the cover with small screw driver, there should be a small area for a screwdriver to fit into. If your grab rail doesn't pull down there should be a cover on the grab rail hiding the screw.

3. If your visors are not set it the clips but are just hanging there, they will sound like a machine gun going off beside you head (clack.clack.clack......) when not in use make sure they are stowed correctly; in the clips, that is why they are there.:SHOCKED: Check and see if the screws are tight holding visors in. same procedure as grab rails; pull down visor remove cap where the visor meets the corner of the car and tighten screws.

As mentioned earlier if you are not comfortable...take it to the dealer/body shop, not a mechanic, they will laugh at you then give you some ear plugs and say "deal with it I ain't got the time." At least mine will..... No not really, but this is a body issue not an engine/electrical issue, so the body shop is more apt to be able fix it since they deal with headliners every day.

later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts