8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Well today i was in honda and i was talking a little bit to one of the service guys . (I am looking at trading in my 2003 accord and i want an si.) We talked about the 2 door vs the 4 door. At our honda we have a 2 door black si for 21,500 and we have a 4 door silver si. I am kinda leaning towards the 4 door because of the look, i like being different. But my question is the guy at my honda claims that the 2 door will have a better resale than the 4 door is this true? It's not a big deal because i will probaly be keeping the car until the wheels fall off.

What is everyones take on the 4 door or 2 door? the 4 door is 22,000 and the 2 door is about 21,500.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Ray
Just to put in my .02 as a guy who sees both come and go...

The 2 Door Si's sell faster, but the 4door Si's are more wanted...which doesnt really make sense....(And Im talking Certified Used here.)

I can get a 2 Door in and it be gone immediately, and a 4 Door will sit here for 2 weeks before it sells, however either one will get basically the same resale value if you have 2 Identical Colors / Miles come in wityh same wear and tear....if anything the 4 door will be worth a LITTLE more only because it is more practical.

And as a Side note...we sell both at basically the same discounts...so just make sure you shop the Drive Out price ...not just car price...in your comparrisons.
Chris

·
Registered
164 Posts
From my experience when I was a sales manager... Hondas are strong in trade in value period!.. coupe or sedan doesn't matter... wanna be depressed get a Focus or a Cavalier and trade in will mean nothing... on a private party point of view... Sedans will cater to more of the general public... Enthusiasts... toss up.. like on this thread... some for coupe and some for sedans... I got the sedan cause it's the first civic SI sedan ever offered... coupes and hatches always had the SI badge... now it's the sedan's turn...

·
Registered
963 Posts
You can sell a 2 door person a 4 door , but you cant sell a 4 door person a 2 door.

Anyhow resale goes by how many people can buy it. Given a 4 door is like an automatic , its an extra value since more people can buy it , given the above statement. I would say 4 door. But you never know.

Also dealerships are selling much more 4 doors. Call a honda dealership and ask them which is the more popular si , 2 or 4.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts