8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i was in honda and i was talking a little bit to one of the service guys . (I am looking at trading in my 2003 accord and i want an si.) We talked about the 2 door vs the 4 door. At our honda we have a 2 door black si for 21,500 and we have a 4 door silver si. I am kinda leaning towards the 4 door because of the look, i like being different. But my question is the guy at my honda claims that the 2 door will have a better resale than the 4 door is this true? It's not a big deal because i will probaly be keeping the car until the wheels fall off.

What is everyones take on the 4 door or 2 door? the 4 door is 22,000 and the 2 door is about 21,500.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Ray

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
I think you should get whichever meets your needs. I personally like the look of the 2 dr. and I think you will be able to sell the car quicker with the coupe. There are more young kids looking for that car second hand and they will be looking for the 2dr. With that being said....I dont know many 16-17 year olds who would turn down the 4dr if the price was right.

I dont think you can go wrong either way but if it were me and I did not need the 4 dr.....Coupe FTW!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
resale to a dealer will be similar, but i agree if selling private party more kids look for used cars and the coupe will appeal to them more....saying that i am 19 and wish i had the 4 door instead of the coupe hah

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Normally I'd say the four door but silver is such a boring color imo. If you like the sedan more, get it. I would never get a coupe now that I've seen what can be done to the sedan

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
I think you should get whichever meets your needs. I personally like the look of the 2 dr. and I think you will be able to sell the car quicker with the coupe. There are more young kids looking for that car second hand and they will be looking for the 2dr. With that being said....I dont know many 16-17 year olds who would turn down the 4dr if the price was right.

I dont think you can go wrong either way but if it were me and I did not need the 4 dr.....Coupe FTW!
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
227 Posts
i thought selling price for coupe and sedan were the same, or does the sedan have other add ons? when i was younger i was always liked the 4drs better (i.e. 4dr GSR ooo lala). im still young and i still like 4 doors better. thats why i have a FA5!!!! a lot more functionality without loss of power

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
the dealer would be right if it were an accord coupe vs sedan (because in that particular case, the coupe is actually more of a performance vehicle), but now that the Si comes in either a sedan OR a coupe, it shouldn't matter. People love their 4 door WRXs, and I think you'll see a pick up in the number of people who want a nice 4 door performance honda.

Pick what you want, not what a salesman might think is the truth. even if he is right now, he probably won't be in a couple of years when you're looking to sell.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would say for the Si the could would have a very slight advantage in resale (no more that $500 tops) but no matter if you are going to keep it for 1 year or 10 I would buy whichever version YOU want. Letting the resale value be a major influence on your choice is only doing the next owner a favor.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I just checked the Black Book, and the value for equally equipped/used coupes and sedans are the same.

/discussion :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts