8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i dropped my car (2007 FG2) earlier today before i went to work @ honda for Alignment and they gave a BRAND NEW 09 fit with only 23 miles in the odometer to drive around while they are working on my car. The lady said im the first one to drive the car off their lot and i was excited to drive the car since every time i get a loner car from them its always accord and i once asked them if they have any fit that i can take instead of an accord and the guy just gave a look and said we only have accord :sadface:

good side:

So i proceed to walk to the car and open the front driver side door. I open the door and first thing i notice the steering wheel sure looks like a civic!!! The car have a cool dash door with blue lighting and have this mini digital MPG tracker right in the middle of the speed/rpm gauge :dance: NO BLIND SPOT unlike my FG2. when i turn i can clearly see the front side of where im turning unlike on my car. Spacious, plenty of room up in the front for me (im 5" 8') I love the cup holder located at the left side form the steering wheel by the air condition vent clsoe to the side mirror thats a big plus! They gave me an automatic so i was kinda disappointed a little bit since i want to drive a STICK SHIFT but then I noticed this two switch looking sticking out on the steering wheel, it actually have a paddle shifter !! i was kinda impress that fit comes with paddle shifter now. i use it and love it and im pretty sure this car gets a good MPG.

on to the bad side:

Cant adjust the height of the steering wheel unlike my Si so the steering wheel is blocking my speedometer i can not see it unless i dock a little bit to see how fast im going. Cant adjust the height of the seat :rantsmiley:!! no button on the steering wheel to control the radio :( no trunk release button on the key fob, weel i dont think fit's back door is considered as a trunk. No power at all! i floored the gas numerous times and can barely make the car move despite the sound of the engine becomes a little louder. I took the car to get a lunch 2 hours ago to get some lunch and it was a little windy. So i was cruising in the highway and i felt like the car is gonna fly!! NOT STABLE :OMG: because of the wind unlike my FG2 can seems like its nailed to the ground and can hardly feel the windy. the car looks like a mini van at my first glance :sadface:

conclusion:

i personally wouldn't buy this car for my self. I can see this car to be more like a girl car or for the older folks. If your young wants a fun car to drive around i suggest to not get this car, get an LX instead of fit. If you want a car that you just need to get you from point A to B PLUS get a good MPG this car is suited for that category. Now swap the engine with K series and i can see this car flying..

thats all.... oh wait im getting my fg2 back after i get off work :woowoo: and will rip some serious corners...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Alot of the features on the fit depend on the trim... The fit sport I checked out had tilt/telescoping steering wheel and radio controls on the steering wheel. The paddle shifters are nice, but what finally did it in for me was the lack of power... its VERY zippy and agile as a city car but if your doing alot of highway your really pushing that engine all the time.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Good review. I used to talk so much **** about the fits, untill I test drove one lol. I actually really liked it alot. If I had to buy a car in that class it woud def. be a fit. The power didint seem to bad on the auto me and my buddy test drove.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
So i dropped my car (2007 FG2) earlier today before i went to work @ honda for Alignment and they gave a BRAND NEW 09 fit with only 23 miles in the odometer to drive around while they are working on my car. The lady said im the first one to drive the car off their lot and i was excited to drive the car since every time i get a loner car from them its always accord and i once asked them if they have any fit that i can take instead of an accord and the guy just gave a look and said we only have accord :sadface:

good side:

So i proceed to walk to the car and open the front driver side door. I open the door and first thing i notice the steering wheel sure looks like a civic!!! The car have a cool dash door with blue lighting and have this mini digital MPG tracker right in the middle of the speed/rpm gauge :dance: NO BLIND SPOT unlike my FG2. when i turn i can clearly see the front side of where im turning unlike on my car. Spacious, plenty of room up in the front for me (im 5" 8') I love the cup holder located at the left side form the steering wheel by the air condition vent clsoe to the side mirror thats a big plus! They gave me an automatic so i was kinda disappointed a little bit since i want to drive a STICK SHIFT but then I noticed this two switch looking sticking out on the steering wheel, it actually have a paddle shifter !! i was kinda impress that fit comes with paddle shifter now. i use it and love it and im pretty sure this car gets a good MPG.

on to the bad side:

Cant adjust the height of the steering wheel unlike my Si so the steering wheel is blocking my speedometer i can not see it unless i dock a little bit to see how fast im going. Cant adjust the height of the seat :rantsmiley:!! no button on the steering wheel to control the radio :( no trunk release button on the key fob, weel i dont think fit's back door is considered as a trunk. No power at all! i floored the gas numerous times and can barely make the car move despite the sound of the engine becomes a little louder. I took the car to get a lunch 2 hours ago to get some lunch and it was a little windy. So i was cruising in the highway and i felt like the car is gonna fly!! NOT STABLE :OMG: because of the wind unlike my FG2 can seems like its nailed to the ground and can hardly feel the windy. the car looks like a mini van at my first glance :sadface:

conclusion:

i personally wouldn't buy this car for my self. I can see this car to be more like a girl car or for the older folks. If your young wants a fun car to drive around i suggest to not get this car, get an LX instead of fit. If you want a car that you just need to get you from point A to B PLUS get a good MPG this car is suited for that category. Now swap the engine with K series and i can see this car flying..

thats all.... oh wait im getting my fg2 back after i get off work :woowoo: and will rip some serious corners...
um...I dont know what car you are driving on a regular car, but my FA5 seem's to get shoved pretty easily for gusts of wind. I wish I had your car...and mine is 60 lbs heavier too =(

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
the op is lowered a little and drives a FG2 so maybe thats the difference?

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the op is lowered a little and drives a FG2 so maybe thats the difference?
ummm i dunno how to explain i got my car back today from the dealership, i took it for alignment.. yes i drive a 2007 2 door civic Si i have HFP lip kit + HFP suspension(tweaking it and replace the spring with eibach sportline) i have front n rear camber. but im 100% sure my car is like nailed to the ground despite the gusty wind... yes my car is lower BARELY 1 finger gap on front and 1 - 2 fringer gap rear..

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sat in one at the dealer before I chose the SI. The fit felt huge like a minivan. A low rider minivan.

indeed true ! that's what i felt like

btw i made this little review to not encourage the people NOT TO GET THE 09 fit i this review to express what i thought about the car. dont get me wrong the fit is nice car to drive (girl car IMO) but it really makes me appreciate that i drive an SI. it was a huge relief getting my car back.... i ripped some corners on my way home :biggrin: :vtec: i sure love my skunk2 60mm with my x-intake sounds perfect :thumb:

·
Registered
427 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
I really like the new Fits alot better. The old one's been around since like 2000. I'm sure Honda's engineers have made sure the new one is improved. Just takes some time for the mods to come out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the new fit. I can't decide which one I really want. The fit is a newer model than the civic. I test drove both, civic ex and fit sport. I guess all things considered the civic is better, but for some reason I still think about getting the fit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I drive an 07 SI Sedan and my wife drives an 09 Fit Sport loaded w/Navi - It is a great car! Fun to drive and handles great. Now, it is nothing compared to my SI...and should not be compared to one. If you want a compact economy car with tons of safety features and good build quality and handling, ths 09 Fit Sort can't be beat IMO. The only Fit worth buying is the fully loaded Sport. I take it for a spin often and it is an outstanding little bugger for the $! Little too girly for me to drive often though....

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
IMO its pretty overpriced.... the stock base model is about $3,000 more than the Yaris. even with the 9 hp difference, thats a sh!t load of money.
you get a lot more for your money with the fit though. in terms of space, reliability and features.

for instance, yaris doesn't get power windows or locks in base trim. Nor does it get power mirrors, immobilizer, or DRL.

add those features, and you're looking at low $16's.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Good review. I looked at the new Fit at the Orlando Int'l Auto Show and, although, I liked the dash and the magic seat thing, I didn't like the fact that the headlamps looked like they were each bigger than the motor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.