8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so this past week my dad has been on a business trip in florida and he decided to rent a car. To my surprise, he didn't get a GM lol, but he did get an EX sedan and was kinda showing it off... Of course there was nothing he could say to make me think that the rental car was better than mine (LX coupe), or so I thought... So after a cpl of minutes of pointless conversation I began to tell him about the oil life meter in my car and that I was annoyed at the fact that 3/4 of the display was left blank and that Honda should have placed a digital thermometer or like a DTE counter... Thats when things turned from an amicable environment into a more hostile one, he told me that the EX HAD a digital thermometer (even tho it wasn't on the same "screen" or "page" as the oil life). I don't understand why this bothered me so much but it did... I WANNA THERMOMETER ON MY CAR!!

Soooooo fellow 8th gen family, I have been losing sleep and wondering if there is ANY way to add some more "options" to the computer, I would definitely like the Distance to Empty meter but will be happy with anything basically... If there are any tech experts that can recommend anything I would be forever grateful lol! aiiight, holla back homies! keep it real :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I thought Honda didn't sell to rental agencies. Never saw a Honda rental.

Anyway, yes, that's one thing we miss on our LX that out EX has - the outside temp gauge. Don't care about the sunroof, steering whel radio controls, etc - just that teamp gauge really.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Anyway, yes, that's one thing we miss on our LX that out EX has - the outside temp gauge. Don't care about the sunroof, steering whel radio controls, etc - just that teamp gauge really.
rofl, don't know if ur kidding or not but this is actually the truth for me!! hahaha but yeah, when he told me he got the civic I was shocked!! I thought they didn't sell to them either but I guess we were both wrong

·
Registered
137 Posts
No, I'm not kidding. I never saw a Honda rental car - at least not in the US. I always heard it was because rentals get so abused that Honda didn't want somebody renting one that wasn't taken care of & then think that Honda's were crappy cars. But that's just urban legend - I have no idea what Honda's policy is on selling to rental agencies.

OR it could simply be that Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, etc view the fleet vehicles they buy as "disposable" - they know they only need it to last for a year or two, so why pay more? Why pay $18k for a Civic when you can pay $13-$14k for a Cobalt or Focus instead. They'll rent at the same rates & are cheaper to repair if necessary.

·
Registered
65 Posts

I second that!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I just like it because it tells you when its close to freezing. BMW's actually make a ding sound when it hits 32 degrees outside to let you know to be careful. Mine is always reading higher because of my turbo though :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
when companies have company cars that they use and they end up with alot of miles the company sells them to a rental company which they use as a rental car.. also when dealerships have a car that they have had on the lot too long or it ends up with too many miles from test drives and such it also has the same fate.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.