8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i just got my new si a few weeks ago and had a few questions. I do my research, but i definitely do not know near as much as many of you on here.

I already have purchased an aem cai.

i was wondering if it was worth investing in a new exhaust/headers. i've read in a few magazines that they're saying the car is already so finely tuned that it's really not worth it right now. if so, what should i buy?

I also was looking for opinions on lowering the car.

annnd i was wondering if it was worth it to install the factory aero kit, and if it really is worth it, if it does make the car look better. I could get it for under dealer cost and have it installed for nearly no cost. I just didn't know if it really made a huge impact on the look of the car.

I just basically wanted to get some opinions on the car in general, and what people seem to be doing.

Thanks.

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
first congrats on the new car. the aem cai is a good way to start.
as far as the exhaust goes there are pros and cons. the pros are that you will gain a good bit of horsepower in the mid to high range. the next are cons to me but some people may not agree. the race header eliminates your cat, for me its just not worth the hassle of trying to get a car with no cat inspected. also the exhaust is a good bit louder than stock, here in VA that is a big problm b/c cops love to pick on jap cars with loud exhaust, also i thing the stock exhaust sounds great.
As for the factory aero kit is all in what you like. I like the aero kit but i think that in a few months there will be a whole lot of aftermarket body parts to chose from. I know this is long and a lot of people won't agree with me but i hope this helps you out a little bit.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
As far as the exhaust - headers: do you have car inspections where you live? The only header right now from DC is a race header which removes the cat on the car. Obviously you'll not pass inspection this way. If it isn't a concern - you can go with the race header and the cat back exhaust. It would probably give you 15-18hp total.

As far as lowering - Tein and Eibach both have springs out for the 06 civic si. A few members have put both on their car. A few members have the parts, but just haven't installed them yet. I think the drop on both of them looks pretty nice myself. There are some pics of the teins installed:
before -

after-

more in this thread
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2159

As far as the oem kit - I love the look personally.

I guess that is just personal preference though.

Some parts can be found in the store if you're interested.
http://www.8thcivic.com/store/index.php

·
Registered
5 Posts
Webby.. which springs did you use... the 1-1.2" drop or the 2" drop... looks to me that it is a two inch (very clean). And also if i were to go with a 18x8.5 wheel and 35 series tire, which drop do you think would look the best. I was trying to lower it so that the top of the tire was JUST tucking. thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
i dont like the aero kit, leave the exhaust stock, if u live in lots of rain, and huge puddles, ur CAI has the filter right below that u risk suckign water in teh car and killing the engine. i woudlnt' lower it.

in my opeionion, the aero kits dont look good, they're just slap on pieces of plastic to ur already existing bumper, a real kit replaces ur existing bumper to one that extends.

·
Registered
635 Posts
what wheels are on the silver civic. mb motorsports??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts