8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes my little airbag symbol comes on and stays on while other times it doesn't. This happens when I have have a passenger as well as without.....

This is where the symbol is:

2ndly I can not, for the life of me, figure out where the damn rear defrost button is.......any input as to where I should be looking?

Last but not least, my washer fluid does not seem to want to come out. I can hear the motor sound when I pull the stick back and my windshield wipers move but nothing comes out. It's full up to the top of fluid and nothing is leaking anywhere when I try to engage it. Any idea what I should try next?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
ummm the rear defrost is one of the buttons i believe bottom right..

where u pick where you want the air to blow out... top right is windshield defrost and below it is rear defrost..

i mean seriously?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ummm the rear defrost is one of the buttons i believe bottom right..

where u pick where you want the air to blow out... top right is windshield defrost and below it is rear defrost..

i mean seriously?
Would I be asking if I wasn't serious?

I know how to use the front window defrost but the button below it has the rear view mirrors on it so I assumed it was for heated mirrors.

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts

just follow the link, my photobucket has exceeded the max bandwidth for now... the defrost button is on the bottom right. it looks like a square with a wavy line in it.

as for the washer flid its probly a crimped line or the pump inlet is clogged. If you just installed fog lights then that might do it. just remove the bumper and trace the line, also check the pump.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

just follow the link, my photobucket has exceeded the max bandwidth for now... the defrost button is on the bottom right. it looks like a square with a wavy line in it.

as for the washer flid its probly a crimped line or the pump inlet is clogged. If you just installed fog lights then that might do it. just remove the bumper and trace the line, also check the pump.
Yeah that's the button I thought was rear view mirror defroster, thanks!

I have yet to do the fogs, they are next on my list though. Waiting for a set of OEM headlights I bought off this site to arrive then fogs :)

I'll check to look for the crimped line though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you are referring to the "Side Airbag Off" light, and it illuminates intermittently, this indicates a problem with your OPDS.

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-coupe/features.aspx?Feature=opds

I would suggest checking under the seat, from the rear seats, and see if anything may have lodged itself under the seats. This can affect the "Passenger Airbag Off" light as well. I don't mean to be a smartass, but also clear the seats of any cargo like heavy coats or bookbags. If this is not the issue, OPDS system checks can be run by the dealership, if you are concerned about the seat-mounted torso airbag deploying properly on the passenger side.

As for your washer fluid issue, it's possible that while you may see liquid on top of the washer fluid reservoir, the bottom may be frozen. Once again, not trying to be a smartass, but if you put regular water, it will freeze. When water freezes it will expand and can cause damage to the wiper fluid motor.

You can either garage the vehicle in above-freezing temperatures for a while, or pour a deicing washer fluid into the reservoir and hope it melts the ice.

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
^^^ or buy "air brake anti freaze" its for truckers, its alcohol and you can pore it in strait. i once left the pink fluid in there too long and on a verry cold fall night it froze up on me :( or if it comes to it pore in a cup of gin or vodka.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are referring to the "Side Airbag Off" light, and it illuminates intermittently, this indicates a problem with your OPDS.

2009 Honda Accord Coupe - Features - Dual-Chamber Front Side Airbags with Passenger-Side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS)

I would suggest checking under the seat, from the rear seats, and see if anything may have lodged itself under the seats. This can affect the "Passenger Airbag Off" light as well. I don't mean to be a smartass, but also clear the seats of any cargo like heavy coats or bookbags. If this is not the issue, OPDS system checks can be run by the dealership, if you are concerned about the seat-mounted torso airbag deploying properly on the passenger side.

As for your washer fluid issue, it's possible that while you may see liquid on top of the washer fluid reservoir, the bottom may be frozen. Once again, not trying to be a smartass, but if you put regular water, it will freeze. When water freezes it will expand and can cause damage to the wiper fluid motor.

You can either garage the vehicle in above-freezing temperatures for a while, or pour a deicing washer fluid into the reservoir and hope it melts the ice.
I will check under the seat as I notice is does "squeak" sometimes when I have a passenger so something might be loose. Yeah, I made sure nothing is on my seat and it still either comes on or stays off :)

I thought about the water in the washer fluid as I have no idea what the person before me had in it as she said she only drove it a couple of times a week in the winter but it looked blue at the time and it's -19c right now so I don't think today is a good day to check for that...lol

^^^ or buy "air brake anti freaze" its for truckers, its alcohol and you can pore it in strait. i once left the pink fluid in there too long and on a verry cold fall night it froze up on me :( or if it comes to it pore in a cup of gin or vodka.
Awesome stuff, good to know! I highly doubt the cops will believe you though if you stow a bottle in your car for said reason!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Haha... reminds me of the time I drove a friend home. I asked her "hey, watcha drinking?"

"oh, just a Jone's soda" (comes in a bottle)

Later that evening, I found an forty in my back seat. Awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.