8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not quite sure how I would search about this so I'll go ahead and ask.

I'll be selling my em2 come March and will be buying an FG2. I plan to order the wheels and have them arrive before I get the car so I can sell the stockies immediately and with almost 0 miles on them. So I need to have my setup figured out.

I really like the setups cars like the Feels FD2 have going and want to mimic that. I'd like to be able to take my car out to the track from time to time but this car is going to be a daily driver first so I really want to have no rubbing issues, not even on bumps. I find it really annoying if I can't take my car out because I'm worrying if I can go up a ramp or driveway (experiencing this now with my em2) so I really don't want any issues.

What I would like (and tell me if I'm an idiot) is ideally 17x8.5 +35 in the front (but I am willing to compromise if that wont fit well to 17x8) with from 1-2 degrees of negative camber. Then in the rear 17x8 +40 with either 0 camber or 1 degree less than in the front. So basically a wider wheel in the front with more negative camber than the rear. As for a drop, I plan to be conservative with only 1"-2". Wheels I like to go with this include are 5zigen f01r-c. 2nd choice are enkei rpf-1.

But this isn't really meant to be too exact. I've been on the forums for only a few months and have really only gotten into into modding about 7 months ago so I'm quite the noob. Anyway I was hoping you guys could help me out to get some exact numbers here so I can have my wheel recipe down already. :dance:

·
Registered
665 Posts
when you say youd like to take it to the track from time to time.. is that drag or autox? im assuming you mean autox.. in that case, assuming said 1-2" drop, i think your current plans would work if you used at least 1.5 deg camber all around. more in front if youre planning on autox.. but then that sacrifices your daily drivability.. unless you plan on switching up your camber specs after tracking it.

also fyi the front can take a bit wider width than the rear. if you roll the rear fenders that also helps you tremendously, and you can get away with less camber and/or wider width

i also see youre planning on using 17" wheels.. im not exactly familiar with the commonly available tire sizes for 17's.. if you want 8.5" width in front, id suggest a 235-245 tire. but they may only come in a 45 series height, and that size of a sidewall may present more problems than im aware of. good luck tho. fg2 is a serious upgrade from an em2 lol

-RWC8THC

·
Registered
665 Posts
...but this car is going to be a daily driver first so I really want to have no rubbing issues, not even on bumps. I find it really annoying if I can't take my car out because I'm worrying if I can go up a ramp or driveway (experiencing this now with my em2) so I really don't want any issues.
honestly, if this is your DD.. i wouldnt recommend any crazy setups like youre talking about. if this is just going to be an occasional track car, and youre not gonna get all crazy about competing, id go with a more conservative, traditional type setup. otherwise you will have rub issues

-RWC8THC

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
You can always have 2 sets of wheels/tires. One for DD, and one for fun times.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I was worried about the premature wear of having too much camber. What if I just run a thinner tire say a 17x8 at the front and 17x7.5 at the rear.

I can't afford two sets of tires and don't want to becaue I'd rather spend what money I have I other mods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts