8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Dumb Question...

ok guys, please dont flame me for such a retarded question. alright here it goes..is it possible to make your car even shinner than wen it came out of the factory??

thanks!!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Spread a thin layer of KY Jelly over it and it will shine real nice! :thumb:

P.S. Also allows you to hit animals and pedestrians without damaging your car, since they slide right over.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Get some high quality wax and polish, if your willing to spend a little you can easily get the car to look shinier. I've put I think...7-8 coats of Zaino on my car and it is a hell of a lot shinier than when I first bought it. I don't know if claybarring helps the shine but it most certainly helps with wax/polish application(did in my case at least).

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
^^^ it take him about 10 hour :p

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
OP, of course it is possible to make your car shinier than in the showroom. As soon as I got my Si, I clayed it, used Meguiar's #7, Natty's EXP paint sealant and Natty's Blue wax. The shine was incredible. Certainly much better than when I took delivery of it.

If you are really OCD, you could run a Porter Cable random orbital buffer over your paint for a really superb shine.

·
Registered
192 Posts
This types of post always make we wantto run out and detail my car, buts it so cold now. Which leads me to a question. What do you guys do for the winter? I had a truck before so I would keep it clean but never really cared that much.

I washed my car last weekend and people looked at my like I was crazy.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
This types of post always make we wantto run out and detail my car, buts it so cold now. Which leads me to a question. What do you guys do for the winter? I had a truck before so I would keep it clean but never really cared that much.

I washed my car last weekend and people looked at my like I was crazy.
Coin operated washes are probably the best way to keep your car clean. You can get the undercarriage and the areas where there is a patina of road salt.

I sometimes will throw buckets of water on my car when the weather is a little warmer in the winter. I use several 5 gallon pails to wash and rinse my mitt and then rinse with the buckets.

Winter is the worst season for those of us who live in the northern climates. It is really a pain to keep a car looking good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.