8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late thursday night i went out to grab a bite to eat. and a deer ran out in front of my car w/ about 20ft to spare.
A couple seconds before i looked ahead to make sure that the road was clear. After checking that it was clear i looked down at my speedometer for a second. When i looked back up all i saw were a pair of eyes gleaming at me, then boom.
It felt like i had gone over a speed bump way too fast. I pulled over to see what i had hit. As i was trying to open my drivers side door it would only spread about four inches from the frame. I walked over to around where i thought i had hit, and there it was lying off to the side of the road. I stared at it for a second and it wasn't moving :( , then went to look at the damage to my car. it didn't look all that bad but fluid(probably coolant) was running out from under my car.
the hood is slightly smashed in, alignment is off, left front tire scrapes against the wheel well, fifth gear is pretty difficult to get in at best, the car begins to completely overheat after a short period of time, and the drivers side door barely opens.
wrecked1.jpg wrecked2.jpg
will post more pics later.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Damn man, look at the separation where all the panels meet. You're car is pretty messed up. How fast do you think you were going? Are you ok? Venison at your place tonight?

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
dude your car is screwed... I had an elk run out in front Of Me the other night in the NM mountains... I was able to manuever around Him quickly like I was going through a slalom but it scared the **** out of Me.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jasonandre said:
Damn man, look at the separation where all the panels meet. You're car is pretty messed up. How fast do you think you were going? Are you ok? Venison at your place tonight?
I was going 55-58 when i hit it. other than a burn on my neck where the seat belt grabbed me, im fine. was pretty lucky that the deer didn't make it so that the windshield was sporting antlers though:biggrin:. Yeah sure, making deer steaks after work.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Sorry to hear. Hope everyhting works out. I had a close call a few weeks back. I swear if I didnt have HIDs I would be in the same boat as u

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I swear if I didnt have HIDs I would be in the same boat as u

-I should probably invest in a pair of those once i get it back. they say it'll be about 2-3 weeks in the shop. I guess i'll begin modding it since its going to depreciate a little bit. i'm gonna use the deprecition money for a few mods most likely.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Sorry man. Hope you get it back good as new. When will those damn animals learn to stay off the friggin' road?!?!?

Also...point to make. For all those deer hunters...Ron White (Blue Collar Comedy Tour) has a point. Staking out a deer for hours on end staying totally silent, minimizing your scent trail and hoping to get "the perfect shot" just sounds so silly when you can tag one of these elusive animals doing 50+ with your headlights on and the horn wailing.

Deer does not equal a good hood ornament.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
I almost hit one last Friday night. Good thing he was in the middle of the street. Stopped about 10ft. from him after coming around a turn. 6 pointer I believe, he was a big boy. The Doe had already crossed the road.

·
Premium Member
112,534 Posts
Nomar06 said:
I almost hit one last Friday night. Good thing he was in the middle of the street. Stopped about 10ft. from him after coming around a turn. 6 pointer I believe, he was a big boy. The Doe had already crossed the road.
You shouldve hit him for getting in the way. lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had 8-pointer run in front of me last Saturday (at 22 yards to be exact). I ended up "hitting" him with my Rage 2 blade mechanical broadhead.....end of story.

All joking aside, I actually participate in a controlled hunt program run by a town in my area. We have such a crazy deer problem that towns are turning to Deer Management Programs to cut down on the number of deer. The town in question had two Biologists (working with the State DEC) come in, conduct a formal study and present options to the Town Board......they came back with the only reasonable option being a controlled hunting program. The program that I participate in, does not let just any yahoo with a bow participate, you have to qualify (including a police background check and a test of your shooting ability....shots from 25 yards and 35 yards). We also have a very well run venison donation program the area (i.e., the donated deer is used to feed the poor in the area).

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
at least you killed the deer! I would have chased it down and killed it if it did that to my car and lived. Dont they know they shouldnt be crossing the road:laughing: Glad youre ok

·
Registered
837 Posts
racerex said:
We also have a very well run venison donation program the area (i.e., the donated deer is used to feed the poor in the area).
Thats awesome that you guys do that instead of just tossing them away!! Very cool :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts