8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
4. Mailboxes.
...Although there are several businesses that rent mailboxes, I'm going to recommend (based on my personal experiences) CBIUSA and will explain the process you'll need to go through if you're considering using a mailbox.
Last updated on May 2nd, 2009 (12:50 AM)​
From what I see CBIUSA is in Niagara Falls only. For those in Ottawa area UPS store in Ogdensburg The UPS Store: Ogdensburg
is probably the best option. On their web site you can check other locations close to the border. Last time I used them they charged $10 flat per parcel.

·
Registered
335 Posts
HEY GUYS, ill be ordering skunk2 pro-s 2 on ebay.. price is $700 usd + $50 shipping...
do i have to pay tax and brokerage fee when it get here in canada???

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
HEY GUYS, ill be ordering skunk2 pro-s 2 on ebay.. price is $700 usd + $50 shipping...
do i have to pay tax and brokerage fee when it get here in canada???
READ the first post, it answers your question.
:dancingcoolsmiley:

Brokers charge a brokerage fee, unless you do it yourself, you will pay a brokerage fee.

·
Registered
82 Posts
From what I see CBIUSA is in Niagara Falls only. For those in Ottawa area UPS store in Ogdensburg The UPS Store: Ogdensburg
is probably the best option. On their web site you can check other locations close to the border. Last time I used them they charged $10 flat per parcel.
Thats where I go since its just a 40 minute drive from Ottawa and since I live in Aylmer (Gatineau) on the QC side and have a QC drivers licence and address, I only pay GST at the border, no Provincial or HST taxes, since I'm coming into Canada via an other province then my "home" province where I pay taxes!
:woowoo:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was wondering if anyone brought rims from Canada into US to ship before? Do we have to declare that we are shipping rims? Or can we just tell them we just bought them from a local and just going shopping. If so...do they leave a note, upon returning they question you about the rims. And if questioned and you report you have shipped the rims, will duty be charged on the shipping? thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to buy a pair of doors for a 1930's car that was made in the USA from Canada to the USA. What do I need to do and how much would it be. Thanx PG [email protected]
Depends on the total amount:
No Declaration Required

Some goods do not have to be reported on an export declaration. However, if at the time of export the border services officer suspects, on reasonable grounds, that the goods are being exported contrary to an Act of Parliament, the border services officer may request that the goods be reported by presenting an export declaration.

The following examples of exceptions to exporter reporting are found in sections 6 and 7 of the Regulations:

goods for United States consumption;
commercial goods valued at less than CAN$2,000;
personal and household effects other than those of an emigrant;
diplomatic goods;
personal gifts and donations of goods, excluding conveyances;
goods for repair or warranty repair that will be returned to Canada; and
temporary exportations, other than goods exported for further processing.
The complete list of goods that are exempt from being reported can be found on the CBSA Web site under “Exporters.”

J

·
0 Posts
used goods duty free?

does anybody know if duty is charged on 'used' goods? wanting to purchase a camera lens for $150 but it is used and I was lead to believe used goods were not charged duty...

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
taxes have to be paid on all goods. new or used. they let $30-40 go here and there. but tax on $150 is only $19

So if your saving 200ish on getting a used then no biggie.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts