8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so as the title says my A/C isn't coming out of the dash board vents. The vents by my feet on the driver's side work great, I have tried with all speeds and it stays constant. This is for my 2011 Honda Civic Lx and this is a very recent problem. The defrost setting worked at last check.
I am planning on get my car checked on Tuesday, but any pointers for me to check are very welcome.

·
Registered
237 Posts
My '08 has an issue where that happens sometimes, usually after changing from AC to defrost or truning the temp from max cold setting to warm or hot.. (S, Florida that is not very often) then it won't go back to cold air again,,

Seems like the Air-Mix motor is the issue... if I run the self test diags it runs thru the test with no errors and fixes itself.

With Ignition switch Off, Key inserted:
1. Turn the fan switch OFF.

2. Press and hold the recirculation control switch and the rear window defogger switch down.

3. Turn the ignition switch On, (II setting).

4. Release both switches. The recirculation indicator and the rear window defogger indicator come on. The recirculation indicator goes off 3 seconds later and the A/C indicator comes on. then the self-diagnosis will begin. About 10 seconds later, the self-diagnosis will finish and the A/C indicator goes off.

If any trouble is found. the recirculation indicator blinks the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) to indicate a faulty circuit or component.

If the system is OK, the recirculation indicator stays off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.