8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Civic DX and the A/C blows cool but not cold. I evacuated the system and pulled a vacuum then recharged using the correct amount of Freon. Still only cool. The compressor is engaging and I check the blend door motor and do see it move when I go from cold to hot then back again. The cabin filter is clean. The pressures are 45 on low side and 175 on high side with car at idle and temp outside is about 98. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

·
Registered
111 Posts
If the condenser which is in front of the radiator is dirty, it'll affect the cooling
So try cleaning it with pressurized air followed by a pressure wash.

You can also check if the AC fan is working at full speed. Sometimes when the fan motor becomes weak, the fan speed reduces which will affect the cooling.

Also the ideal pressure on the low side should be around 25 - 30.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Your pressures are slightly elevated. If you overcharged the system it will not cool as well. Ditto on condenser and condenser fan.

Did you replace the dryer when you evacuated system? As long as you didn’t open it up you likely will be OK. Inspect your condenser closely. They can get plugged up with bugs and crap and the efficiency goes down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts