8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I’ll check it out. I did and have been going to the Honda icon, but I didn’t se an option for different modules. I did vacuum out the system before refilling it and used a scale to recharge it.
Unfortunately as you’ve witnessed here, I am not a trained mechanic and only know enough to be dangerous. But I am trying, lol. I did get in touch with a couple of different garages today and picked a guy that was reasonable and seemed like he knew what he was talking about, so as of next Wednesday, I’ll be leaving it up to him. Maybe I’ll explore with the scanner before then and see if I can find the hvac module. Thank you again for your help! Sorry I’ve been a poor pupil!

·
Registered
37 Posts
OK, I took my NT510 out to my 08 Odyssey and did some browsing. I don't have a Civic.

Plug in and power up the tool. Click on Honda. It gives you options for Auto Scan, Control Unit, Vehicle Details or SCS. Choose "Control Unit." Then scroll down to Body Electrical. Under Body Electrical you will find HVAC/Climate Control. Then click on Live Data. On my car it doesn't show much but it does show you the AC pressure switch/Thermal Protector status of on or off. You have to check the box for the item you want to see and then hit the View Data button.

Then back out of that and go into PGM-FI module (the PCM) you can see the AC Switch status and the AC clutch status. I would start the engine and watch that data as you do your testing.

I'd have to check my bigger scan tool to see if there are any more options than that but that's what I see in the NT510. Generally, if you had the Honda Diagnostic System scan tool (called HDS) there would likely be more data available to see but the NT510 is a powerful tool.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
So, under the body electric menu, which I have been to before and I am on at this moment, hvac isn’t even an option. There is LAN info, meter check, lighting check, door lock check, remote control check, wiper check and security check, but that is it. I’m now going to check the PGM-FI. I checked it and ran the car reading the live data. With ac switch, pressure sensor, Evap pc duty, and ac clutch. AC switch reads off, ac pressure switch is .902V. The second pressure switch reads 0 kPa. Evap PC Duty is roughly 46% and ac clutch is off. I manipulated the control module while viewing this and nothing changed. Any of this help?

·
Registered
37 Posts
There are only those 7 menu items in the Body Electrical menu? Interesting. Every vehicle model is slightly different and you could have a different software level on your NT510 than me. If you haven't, make sure it's up to date.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I did update it when I got it, but now I’m going to look into it again and see if it is missing the software or malfunctioning. I contacted the seller already and I’m going to contact the manufacturer and see if it is a software malfunction or the vehicle model that didn’t include it. I’m also going to make sure all of the updates loaded. I had been to that screen before and so when you said that, I was surprised and disappointed to see it wasn’t there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The available modules for scanning depends more on the vehicle you're scanning than the software version but make sure it's up to date. If you updated it when you got it then it's probably fine. Nobody can tell you what you should see with each individual car. There are just too many different vehicles and vehicle manufacturers do things differently on every car.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts