8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I drove to work, had the a/c on low (35 min commute) Shut the car off, and noticed it was dripping water for 2 hours continuously. I know its hot as hell here, but a continuous drip for 2 hours, seems alarming to me. Has anyone had this problem?? Is this normal?

Please help...:pray:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
420 Posts
You built up a block of ice on you A/C unit that most likely took 2 hrs to melt. Well it might not have taken 2 hours to melt but 2 hours for the water to drip down on the pavement.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Axian said:
You built up a block of ice on you A/C unit that most likely took 2 hrs to melt. Well it might not have taken 2 hours to melt but 2 hours for the water to drip down on the pavement.
If this is the reason why the water was dripping for so long then you've got a problem with your AC, the evaporator is not supposed to ice up. When it does the ac becomes inefficient and the flow of air can even bocome blocked.

I've had mine piss out a good ammount of water when i park on my sloped driveway, but never for that long. I do think I have moved the car a few hours later and noticed a little puddle though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, I took the car into the dealer this morning, just to be safe. They said because it gets so hot here (Atlanta, GA) the water drip is normal. Nothing to be alarmed about at all, I guess.

Thanks again for the responses, greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts