8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im having a couple of problems. When I have the A/C on, there’s an annoying rattle that is in sync with the cycles. It will not blow cold if it’s even remotely warm during daytime driving. Yet, at night, it’s freezing and works very well. I’ve done some searching, and I’ve found similarities to the problem I’m having. But after the discussions, there were no answers. I’d like to just order a new compressor, and call it a day. But after reading, I figured I should see if there’s a less expensive fix. After all, the Denso compressor runs up quite a tab. So I’d like to steer away from an entirely new assembly as best I can. Anything helps. Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
You should do a proper diagnosis first, before replacing the compressor. I like the THINKDIAG tool, it's the best bang for the buck in terms of features for a diagnostic tool. I used it to diagnose my civic A/C clutch issues. It tells you the A/C pressure, A/C switch command, and A/C clutch status. If say the pressure is low, or the thermal shutoff is tripping, then the Clutch Status will be OFF and you need to diagnose those. If the A/C clutch is being commanded ON, then you'll want to check to make sure the clutch is spinning properly. I had to replace the coil and clutch on my compressor to solve my issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, Im having a couple of problems. When I have the A/C on, there’s an annoying rattle that is in sync with the cycles. It will not blow cold if it’s even remotely warm during daytime driving. Yet, at night, it’s freezing and works very well. I’ve done some searching, and I’ve found similarities to the problem I’m having. But after the discussions, there were no answers. I’d like to just order a new compressor, and call it a day. But after reading, I figured I should see if there’s a less expensive fix. After all, the Denso compressor runs up quite a tab. So I’d like to steer away from an entirely new assembly as best I can. Anything helps. Thanks
Me I found that is the compressor clutch not working properly I ordered a repair kit on amazon I will receive it in 2 weeks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.