8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Being a new person to the Honda world, I must say, this was rather informational. I am glad I read this before doing anything to my 06 Si. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Being a new person to the Honda world, I must say, this was rather informational. I am glad I read this before doing anything to my 06 Si. Thanks for the heads up.
No problem, welcome to 8thgen hope your journey into modding your Si is enjoyable!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Before I get started, for all those looking for a quick answer to the question of “where I should start?” Just trust me get an intake (CAI/SRI), a race header, exhaust, and Flashpro. That is the basic setup, but if you want to get more involved then keep reading.

First and foremost thank you for this write up! Found it very informative and helpful.

I do have one question which is why I quoted that small piece. As far as starting with that small list you made, do you suggest beginning to mod in that same order you got them there? Reason I'm asking is because I've read that it is recommended to do FP first and then continue with any mods due to you losing power instead of making power if FP is not installed(or any tuning software kpro, etc). Is this true?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
First and foremost thank you for this write up! Found it very informative and helpful.

I do have one question which is why I quoted that small piece. As far as starting with that small list you made, do you suggest beginning to mod in that same order you got them there? Reason I'm asking is because I've read that it is recommended to do FP first and then continue with any mods due to you losing power instead of making power if FP is not installed(or any tuning software kpro, etc). Is this true?

Thanks in advance!
FlashPro first. The body cannot operate without the mind:beer:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Thanks in advance!
You can do an intake and exhaust before getting flashpro, you just wont realize their true benefits without it. A race header on the other hand does require flashpro

·
Registered
128 Posts
IVe decided I want to do I/H/e and flaspro. if I get a race header and flaspro and can't pass emmisions then How am I supposed to get it inspected? With a defouler? Does that fix the cel or does flaspro? And does it just make the light go off to where it won't come back on if there is a mechanical failure? I just want my cel to work with all my mods so I know my car is ok. Maybe I should just get a normal header and not a race header with a cat to stay legal.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts