8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've always been wondering for the longest time... does the owner of 8thcivic also own 9thcivic? Or do they own 9thgencivic? I remember seeing a thread on here before about how 9thgencivic is the 'real' forum and 9thcivic was taken by some poser or something... Lol. Ordered a few stickers from 8th and it came in today with some 8thcivic cards and also 9thcivic cards. Not 9thgencivic cards o_O so..

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
The person who started this site (8thcivic.com) sold it a while back. And now they currently own and operate 9thCivic.com

I believe their SN was 'Webby'

Not a bad racket to build up a popular forum and sell it, then rinse and repeat.

I don't know, the steady stream of income from vendors and advertisers is nice though, some forums hold potentially much more revenue to operate, than to sell....just look at NASIOC. That site is a mother****ing multi-million dollar gold mine.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Webby used to own this site and owns 9thcivic.com. He sold this site to autoguide which is a corporation that owns many many forums. they run 9thgencivic because i guess the rights to the 9thcivic domain were not part of the deal with this site.

Unfortunately for both of them the 9thgen ended up sucking ass so neither forum is popular lol.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Webby is the man

But as to the question, basically

Webby started 8thcivic.com, then sold it to Autoguide

Webby (at some point) claimed the domain 9thcivic.com and currently owns and operates 9thcivic.com

Autoguide started 9thgencivic.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.