8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 Civic LX has no plastic inner fender liners in the rear wheel wells, the way it does on the front. There's just some undercoat spray, and not even complete. This design defect has led to rust. Anyway I noticed a 9th civic that had full proper liners in the rear. Not sure what year it was but they are in diagram for 2014. The question is, would those fit on an '08, or anyone have another good solution?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I would like to know this too as I have bubble rust starting to form on top of the panel near the tire.

·
Super Moderator
2,403 Posts
I wouldn't just cover it with a plastic liner (I have to replace both front fender liner and under the radiator cover). Our rigs don't come with them from the factory for a reason. Anyway, the exposed metal is treated from the factory. If it is rusting, then the treatment is done (possibly not properly taken care of during it's life). I would scrape the rust off and paint it. The undercoating you see is either from some sound deadening (LOL, but seriously) and some protection. I wouldn't just spray some undercoating there b/c it does more harm than good.(unless it is applied at the factory). Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts