canola oil
peanut butter
jelly
white bread
pancake mix
eggs
milk
honey

instructions: make the pancake batter in a bowl or small pan using the milk, eggs, and mix(use a little less milk to thicken it up so it will be tacky) then add a little honey to make it sweeter. Make a pb and j like normal, then cut off the crust. Using a fork, crimp the edges of the sandwich to seal it up. Using a skillet about 1 1/2 to 2 inches tall, fill the pan half way with canola oil and bring it to a light boil at medium heat. While heating, place the sandwich in the bowl/pan of batter and coat evenly and thick (especially around the crimped edges). use tongs to place the sandwich into the oil (it will float so dont fret). Let brown for about 30 to 45 seconds. When the batter on the bottom is nice and dark, flip the sandwich and repeat on the other side! when the sandwich is evenly brown, use the tongs to put it on a plate covered in a paper towel (cause it gets messy!) let it cool then cut it in half, watch the peanut butter ooze out and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Oh wow can't believe I stumbled across this thread. Cooking is my second love to Hondas, and my lady of course, so I guess that makes it my third. Where to start.... :think: Well this one was pretty recent, believe I made it on a Wednesday.

It is fried chicken legs tossed in sriracha and honey with cilantro and lime. On the bottom is thinly sliced brussel sprouts sauteed in bacon fat :wigglesmiley:, and topped with bacon :wigglesmiley:. On the left is a puree of parsnips and rutabagas with crispy shallots (made the dish) on top.

I never really follow recipes, more like inspirations. The sriracha and honey idea was provided by Michael Simon. The puree with crispy shallots was pretty much all Ina Garten, although I believe hers used only rutabagas, I threw in the parsnips. And the brussels well, pretty sure my buddy made those for me once and it was my favorite preparation for those cute little cabbages so far. Not to say that if you tried you couldn't find a recipe. (my next fav is cut em in half, roast in oven, toss in mixture of sour cream and horseradish, top with bacon :wigglesmiley:)

But yeah, I may use a recipe for reference and get ideas straight from the food network or cooking channel tv, but that's really it. Recipes are more for baking. Cooking should be fun, unique, and experimental. Following recipes to the T can in some ways take those factors out. Just get in there and fail a few times! :cheerleader: It builds character!

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Love love love me some pork tacos! That's very similar to how I go about braising.. Well just about anything! Especially pork though. Although I did just recently do some short ribs and a couple months ago a half lamb leg.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Cooked this yesterday.. Super random but I was at the grocery store and I saw some fresh beats and I was like, "You know what? I'm gonna cook some beats!" :dance:

I decided to grill em with butter, salt, and pepper. Then cut em up a little smaller and toss em on top of a simple salad of baby kale, lemon juice, olive oil, capers, and manchego cheese (feta or goat would have been much better with the beats). Baby kale is also not my favorite green but hey, I wanted to try it. Use arugula instead.

Then I sauteed the beat greens in olive oil with some garlic, lemon juice, and s&p. Seared off my skirt steak that was rubbed in cayenne pepper, ground coffee (yes ground coffee), olive oil, and s&p. Sliced that thin and put it on top of the sauteed beat greens and stems. Super yummy! :dancing:

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
This is pretty much an Emeril recipe for chicken and andouille sausage gumbo. Seriously one of the most delicious things I've cooked this year. The flavor is all in the roux. It literally takes about 25 minutes of CONSTANT stirring to get the roux where it needs to be but let me tell you, that flavor once you get it right is magical! Try making a gumbo of your own you will not regret it!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just saw this thread and i just have to LOL that the second post is a Cannabutter recipe lol were my 8th stoners at???

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Gosh I'm I the only 8ther that throws down in the kitchen? Oh well...

Shrimp and grits. Sauteed mustard greens and cherry tomatoes. Stone ground white grits. Yum.

Deviled eggs. One is traditional, one avocado and bacon, and the other sriracha lime and cilantro.

Different take on eggs benedict. Homemade salsa, fresh avacado, bacon, english muffin, cilantro lime hollandaise.

This was a big dinner. Roasted rack of lamb with mint yogurt sauce. Grilled artichoke. Blue cheese mashed potatoes. Fresh green beans with red onion and almonds.

Wasabi pea encrusted tuna. Salad of napa cabbage, asian pear, red onion. Dressing made out of soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, sriracha, ginger, and garlic.

I'm available for hire lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
I eat more than I cook but since I need to contribute more posts to view f/s lol

I can''t find my other pictures =/

·
Registered
39 Posts
Gosh I'm I the only 8ther that throws down in the kitchen? Oh well...

Shrimp and grits. Sauteed mustard greens and cherry tomatoes. Stone ground white grits. Yum.

[URL=http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p492/w35t_ap1/IMG_0430.jpg]image
[/URL]

Deviled eggs. One is traditional, one avocado and bacon, and the other sriracha lime and cilantro.

[URL=http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p492/w35t_ap1/20130704_161159.jpg]image
[/URL]

Different take on eggs benedict. Homemade salsa, fresh avacado, bacon, english muffin, cilantro lime hollandaise.

[URL=http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p492/w35t_ap1/IMG_0326.jpg]image
[/URL]

This was a big dinner. Roasted rack of lamb with mint yogurt sauce. Grilled artichoke. Blue cheese mashed potatoes. Fresh green beans with red onion and almonds.

[URL=http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p492/w35t_ap1/IMG_04362.jpg]image
[/URL]

Wasabi pea encrusted tuna. Salad of napa cabbage, asian pear, red onion. Dressing made out of soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, sriracha, ginger, and garlic.

[URL=http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p492/w35t_ap1/IMG_05032.jpg]image
[/URL]

I'm available for hire lol
Holy crap that looks amazing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
made kale chips the other day. super easy. cut leaves off kale bunch, wash, mix with olive oil (very little) and salt, place on parchment paper and stick into countertop oven 350F for 8~10 minutes, watch for the leaves turning brown at the edges and take out immediately. then enjoy !

441 - 460 of 475 Posts
About this Discussion
474 Replies
123 Participants
MattalliSI
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing