8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

421 - 440 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Very very true, I usually end up doing medium/75% heat for sauce based cooking. I hate cooking one dish that is ready to eat and have to wash the pan because the heat was a little too high. This could work if you had someone washing your pans constantly and a giant stack of pans to use.

Also I really wish I had a gas stove.

·
Perry Important Vember
18,773 Posts
:rotfl:

Wait till you wash the pots/pans if they're too hot. If they're made from different materials, cold water could warp the pots/pans and make them very annoying to use in the future.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Never had a problem with pans warping so far (cross fingers), I usually wait for them to cool off on their own a bit and run it through with hot water instead of cold.

I have though left a burner on and burnt 2 pans over my lifetime, both stainless steel and have a nice golden color to them now... Also 1 pot because I put oil in it and my significant other decided to keep pestering me and taking over my cooking area ^_^. In the end the pot ended up flaming and while the lid suppressed the fire, the pot was ruined. =(

·
Registered
436 Posts
1 lb Turkey
1 lb Ground Beef 90% lean
Mixed together, made into patties and grilled.

Sesame Seed Buns with an avocado spread on one side, lettuce, Sweet baby rays and salsa on the burger.

AMAZING.

·
Registered
217 Posts
my friend and i spent 75 dollars the other night and grilled out. we got 14 frickin pounds of ribs, yes 14! on sale at the harry totter for 22 dollars! then we smoked them with applewood chips, and rubbed them with applewood rub. then we took corn on the cob (still in the husk), and split the husk in 2. wrapped each cob with 3 strips of bacon, and put 2 thin slices of butter on them. put the husk back on and wrapped em with tin foil. then threw em on the grill once the ribs were almost done. so frickn good! pics soon

forgot we also put sweet baby rays original on them, then when they had like 2 mins left to grill we slapped on the spicy sweet baby rays. best bbq sauce around

421 - 440 of 475 Posts
About this Discussion
474 Replies
123 Participants
MattalliSI
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing