8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 475 Posts

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found the "Cooking with Webby" thread, but it didn't seem to take off, so here's hoping this one does.

I love to cook, and I'm always looking for new things to try, and I thought that a forum would be better since people can review and comment on recipes as well as post them. And what would be better than sharing recipes with your fellow 8th members? :)
So here goes with my first submission:

Barbequed Mediterranean Salmon

I'm not sure how "Mediterranean" this really is, but it's something I just throw together without a real recipe per se, so I needed a name. But seeing as how everyone on 8thcivic loves BBQ, this is sure to please :)
I love making this recipe for my girlfriend. She loves it and it's pretty easy to make. As will become obvious as I post more recipes, I'm a big fan of meals that are easy to make but look like a million bucks. If you're a seafood fan, you'll love this. I wrote the recipe for two, but obviously you'll need to increase everything for a larger crowd.

Ingredients:
2 salmon fillets
1 garlic clove
1 tomato
1 red onion
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
pinch of oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, cayenne
fresh dill

Start by making makeshift "pans" out of tinfoil for each fillet, bringing up the sides to prevent liquids from getting out (this is important because you want the salmon to stay moist). If you plan ahead more than I usually do, you can also buy small tinfoil pans. Place the fillets in their pans skin-side down.
Peel the garlic and mince (I have a little baby grater that is perfect for this... I could never do without it :)). Rub the garlic onto the fillets.
Dice the tomato and place on top of the fillets. Peel the red onion and make a few thin slices (you don't need the whole onion). Pop out the rings and place over the tomatoes. For looks I usually only use the outer half, which isn't a big deal since you don't need very much anyway. Chop some of the dill and sprinkle over the fillets. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and spices in a bowl and pour over the fillets. The spices are definitely not cast in stone and you can alter which ones you use. I usually go heavier on the pepper and I like the cayenne in it because it adds a little something........bam :)
Finally, make lids as the pans were made and place over the fillets. They don't need to be sealed or anything, so they aren't as critical. You'll want to use a big spatula to place them on the barbeque, so that you don't end up with a mess (I've done it, before they got onto the barbeque thankfully). Let the fillets cook around 300°F for 12-15 mins. If you don't have a thermometer on your barbeque (cheating I know), medium heat should do it, but this will depend on your barbeque obviously.
When they're done, you should be able to slide the spatula between the meat and the skin and separate them easily. I like to serve the salmon with a green bean/red pepper/feta mixture that I'll post once I find the recipe. I imagine a dry white wine would go well with this, but I can't drink wine (turns my stomach), so someone will have to fill me in.... I usually substitute a beer, and on a hot summer evening, a cold A Marca Bavaria is perfect :)

So if anyone has any comments about the recipes or this thread, let me know... I want to hear them! And please post your favourite recipes!

Thanks!
Jason

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Cannabutter

Melt 0.5 kg of butter in a saucepan. Add several ounces (1 oz = 28.35 g) of finely sifted marijuana. Simmer and stir for a few minutes until the butter takes on the greenish color of the grass.

Pour the butter through a fine stainer. Press the mash firmly to squeeze out as much butter as possible. A little heat may be applied beneath the mash to help the butter flow better.

Do not discard the leafy material. Simmer it in (hot) milk or vodka and sweeten with honey to make a tasty and effective beverage.

For extra potency the process may be repeated by heating more marijuana in the same butter. Otherwise do as above.

To store cannabutter may be frozen or kept for a long time in the refrigerator by pouring water over it to act as an oxygen shield. Use chilled water and cannabutter to prevent any butter from floating to the top.

A simpler and more potent cannabutter can be done by using hashish or hash oil instead of marijuana. Heat and stir until all the hash or oil dissolves in the butter. As much of hash or oil may be used as desired as it will dissolve very easily.

Cannabutter is used in almost all of the processes which include baking with cannabis. So this small process will take you along way.

ShayneD.

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
Dessa_8837 said:
Cannabutter

Melt 0.5 kg of butter in a saucepan. Add several ounces (1 oz = 28.35 g) of finely sifted marijuana. Simmer and stir for a few minutes until the butter takes on the greenish color of the grass.

Pour the butter through a fine stainer. Press the mash firmly to squeeze out as much butter as possible. A little heat may be applied beneath the mash to help the butter flow better.

Do not discard the leafy material. Simmer it in (hot) milk or vodka and sweeten with honey to make a tasty and effective beverage.

For extra potency the process may be repeated by heating more marijuana in the same butter. Otherwise do as above.

To store cannabutter may be frozen or kept for a long time in the refrigerator by pouring water over it to act as an oxygen shield. Use chilled water and cannabutter to prevent any butter from floating to the top.

A simpler and more potent cannabutter can be done by using hashish or hash oil instead of marijuana. Heat and stir until all the hash or oil dissolves in the butter. As much of hash or oil may be used as desired as it will dissolve very easily.

Cannabutter is used in almost all of the processes which include baking with cannabis. So this small process will take you along way.

ShayneD.

I've done this MANY times. Works great and you can make great edible gifts:thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
BATANG CITY JAIL said:
you have to boil em, unless you wanna eat some rotten duck egg..
That's how I've always seen it eaten. I've seen it on Discovery and on this Philipino movie...

So most people don't eat it raw like that in the Philipines?

·
Banned
8,350 Posts
CaliGuy said:
That's how I've always seen it eaten. I've seen it on Discovery and on this Philipino movie...

So most people don't eat it raw like that in the Philipines?
lol.. when you buy it, its already boiled....

once the duck lays egg, they collect them and they go straight on this big pot of boiling water..

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
BATANG CITY JAIL said:
lol.. when you buy it, its already boiled....

once the duck lays egg, they collect them and they go straight on this big pot of boiling water..
:face-icon I've been misinformed...

·
Banned
8,350 Posts
CaliGuy said:
:face-icon I've been misinformed...
lol.. i used to work on my uncles poltry back in the phil and i deal with alot of eggs... we have chicken regular white egg, midget yellow chicken egg, duck egg to faild to develop (penoy), duck 10day egg (balut).and quail eggs... :laughing:

P.S. balut is aprhodisiac

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
Pork Fajitas

Serves 2-3 people.

Ingredients:

2-3 Pork Chops
1 Small/Medium Yellow Onion
Half of a green Pepper
Half of a red pepper
Peanut Oil
Sesame Oil
Half of a cilantro sprig
A Lime
Fresh Ground Pepper
Rock salt
Large Soft Tortillas
Your Favourite salsa (pineapple works well here)
Cheddar Cheese
Romaine Lettuce

Remove the excess fat from the pork chops and slice it into thin strips. Place the pork in a mixing bowl. Grind up some fresh pepper over top of the pork. Season with salt. I tend to be pretty generous with the pepper, only slightly less so with the rock salt. Mix it all together in the mixing bowl.

Wash your hands whenever handling raw meat. Wash the peppers/cilantro/lettuce off and de-skin the onion. Chop the onion into small pieces. Slice the peppers into long strips. Dice the cilantro up. Break the lettuce into small pieces. Cut the lime in half, and one of the halves into quarters/thirds. I like to place the slices on the plates as a decorative touch, but they can also be used to squeeze over the pork. Grate some cheese up. You will have the cheese/lettuce/salsa available in seperate bowls to garnish each fajita you're making.

Heat up a skillet with the peanut oil and just a dab of the sesame oil. Place the pork on the skillet and distribute evenly so it all makes contact with the cooking surface and cooks evenly. Squeeze half of the lime over the entire cooking surface. The pork should lose it's raw colour fairly quickly, and flip all pieces over, making sure they are all thoroughly cooked, but not overly so, there should be minimal browning to the meat. About 1-2 minutes before it's done, sprinkle the cilantro over the cooking surface. Once the pork is cooked, put this aside into a clean bowl. There should be enough juices and oil left over to simply throw the onions/peppers onto the skillet and cook them. Cook until the onions have fully wilted and the peppers are just beginning to. Place the pork back into the centre of the skillet and you're just about done. Take your tortillas and heat them up for 45 seconds in the microwave.

You're done. Serve directly from the skillet onto a tortilla. Load it up with cheese, salsa, and lettuce.

Here's a tip on how to fold the tortilla.

1 - 20 of 475 Posts