8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal... I'm 6'3" to 6'4" depending on the nurse at the doctors office haha and it's not all leg length... I love the car but after I put some miles on it I've found the car to be uncomfortable to be in... I have the seat adjusted allllllll the way down and leaned back just to fit... Does anyone know or has it been done, modified the seat brackets to get the seat to go lower? Does the seat adjustment itself stop the seat from going lower?

I gotta do something or an all option redline orange pearl FG2 will have to be put up for sale :(

or any other nice seats go in the car that would sit me lower?
:facepalm:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Your only option is to get a new driver side seat. I'm 6'5 and with my bride i can sit comfortably and wear a helmet in the car now. I have had a recaro and a sparco in the past as well and both allowed for great seating position and overhead room.

If you arnt looking for a fullbucket then look into a Recaro Speed. They're recaros aftermarket copy of their dc5 recaro and are very comfy and it'll sit lower then stock. I use one for my passenger side.

Believe me, i had the same issue as you before hand and it annoyed me a great deal too. wearing a helmet for track wasnt even an option but a new seat made all the difference !

·
Registered
457 Posts
i'm 6'3" and with it all the way down, i have the seat in the full upright position, and it's not too bad for me... must be all chest height for you...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must be but because of this car I have neck and lower back pains I didn't have when I had the MK5 VW I traded on this car...

Killer info about seats though! Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh, that's my question trying to weigh my options... modding stock seat so it might F with my retail, or spend a bunch of money on after market seats... i might have to pull a seat and take a look the next days off that it's not raining... i'll take pics if i do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts