8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey man I'm 45 minutes North of you in Tifton! hit me up man. I've been a lonely 8thgener :( There's me my buddy Bill, and a couple of other guys here that have 8th gens. Don't really know the other guys. So in all there are 3 NHBP coupes and my NHBP Sedan. Hope to hear from ya!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not that I know of. I see some other guys on the road or on base every now and then but, I don't know them. You done any big mods yet?
Not yet. (I'm keeping an eye on the turbo thread, though! :popcorn:) Just a drop in K&N filter and a Skunk2 Short throw shifter for now. I don't ever get a chance to drive the car to it's fullest extent, so I figure extra power wont really help much right now. But there is the occasional drive to the mountains which pretty much maxes out the stock suspension. So, I'm planning on suspension next, probably SI shocks/struts and sways.

How bout you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
So far changed out the factory rims, 15% black tint, audio/nav system, alarm/remote-start, K&N short air ram, and brighter low beams. I'm looking at the turbo treads also. There was a tread with a guy selling a greddy kit (complete kit w/ extras) in augusta, ga for 3k. I don't have the funds right now.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I am moving to valdosta.. Last time i was there i went to the bar and i saw a white fg2 park outside the bar, i wonder if he is on here.. i drive a turbo fg1. but i plan to take the turbo off since i want to upgrade in the next couple of months to something better.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am moving to valdosta.. Last time i was there i went to the bar and i saw a white fg2 park outside the bar, i wonder if he is on here.. i drive a turbo fg1. but i plan to take the turbo off since i want to upgrade in the next couple of months to something better.
Havent noticed it around. I'll keep a lookout. You coming down here for school or military (or job?)?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Havent noticed it around. I'll keep a lookout. You coming down here for school or military (or job?)?
I will be working there, i am transfering from here to there.. i work for lowes.. and later i also plan to go to school there..

My car is at the shop right now geting my turbo kit remove :( i hate to see it go, but i want to upgrade in the next year or so to an EVO or STI..

Do you guys do any meets down there? or close by there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I will be working there, i am transfering from here to there.. i work for lowes.. and later i also plan to go to school there..

My car is at the shop right now geting my turbo kit remove :( i hate to see it go, but i want to upgrade in the next year or so to an EVO or STI..

Do you guys do any meets down there? or close by there.
There is not much of an established car group down here. There are a few groups that get together, but none that have caught my attention. Mostly people who want to show off their ride.

I'd really like to see a larger group of enthusiests down here, especially with the 1/4 mile track (South Ga Motorsports park) just north of Valdosta.

I am starting up with the SCCA Autox crowd here soon, so maybe I will meet some folks who are more interested in performance driving than 18" speakers.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
^^^ Well once i move to valdosta, maybe we can meet sometime, i will like to meet new people there interested in the civics, because i will be leaving all my current car friends here.. i am also looking to buy a hatchback, since i want that to be my next project car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.