8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’m new here and need some help. Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I’ve been having some trouble with my 2008 si sedan. I recently got a retune and everything was going fine and about 3 weeks later I got an engine code. I pulled the code using hondata and it said all 4 cylinders were misfiring and also a random misfire. I’ve replaced spark plugs and I’m about to replace the coil pack. I notice a very small misfire only during idle and the code comes and goes like every other week. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you just got it retuned then my guess it has something to do with that. I would get in touch with who ever tuned it. If you send them some data logs they should be able to tell you what is going on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that’s what I thought but I contacted him (etunez) and he said everything was good. My air to fuel ratios are all good aswell and my fuel pressure

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you just got it retuned then my guess it has something to do with that. I would get in touch with who ever tuned it. If you send them some data logs they should be able to tell you what is going on.
Yeah that’s what I thought but I contacted him (etunez) and he said everything was good. My air to fuel ratios are all good aswell and my fuel pressure

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey I’m new here and need some help. Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I’ve been having some trouble with my 2008 si sedan. I recently got a retune and everything was going fine and about 3 weeks later I got an engine code. I pulled the code using hondata and it said all 4 cylinders were misfiring and also a random misfire. I’ve replaced spark plugs and I’m about to replace the coil pack. I notice a very small misfire only during idle and the code comes and goes like every other week. Any help would be appreciated.
does the 2008 have that "baffle " over the engine that is a pain to remove " You can't get the plugs out( on a 2007) w/o removing it. You know ,I looked at videos for some removal tips. Never saw anyone "chase" the spark plug holes. check the gap on plug (1 person) anti seize plug threads (aluminum threads,or torque the plugs , which is very important.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts