8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an fa5 and honestly not really a fan of the spoiler, I like the decklip on the other trims much more. I was considering just taking my spoiler off but then there'd be a bunch of holes I have to patch up. I'm going to debadge it regardless so I'm probably just going to look for a partout civic and take the trunk. I just wanted to check if they're mechanically the same and if I can just interchange them like that. Thanks, appreciate it

·
Registered
2010 Civic Si Sedan 68K miles
59 Posts
Yes fully interchangeable. I would love a CSX trunk, but that seems to be hard to get for me on this side of the border.

·
Registered
08 civic si coupe
1 Posts
Awesome, thanks guys I appreciate it
If you haven't done this yet, please weigh each one. I had the tension bars out to mount speakers and couldn't believe how heavy the si trunk felt laying on my back. Am wondering how heavy the wing is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you haven't done this yet, please weigh each one. I had the tension bars out to mount speakers and couldn't believe how heavy the si trunk felt laying on my back. Am wondering how heavy the wing is.
Sorry man didn't get to weigh it, I ended up selling it shortly after. I prefer the non-si trunk with keyless(no chrome) trim. Looks the cleanest imo and is probably a bit lighter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did not like the spoiler either. So I removed it and filled the holes in This past weekend. Since the paint was already gone due to sun damage I am wrapping the car for the second time. Here area few pictures of the process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts