8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8th Gen Footwell LED Kit! RGB Multicolor & Single color options! Control w/Phone App!

Looking to add a fresh look to your 8th Gen's interior? Footwell LEDs are the way to do it! By adding bright LED strips under your dash, you can add a lot to the look of your Civic.

Diode Dynamics has been producing and designing easy-to-install LED kits for nearly a decade, and this kit is no exception. We have designed new LED strips to be used in this kit, which are highly flexible, IP67 waterproof, and long-lasting. This kit also uses our RGB Multicolor products, which are controlled by the included remote! You can change the color to fit your mood, or adjust the brightness to your preferred settings.

Included in the kit:

• 2 (two) 30-5050 SMD Strips (flexible and IP67 waterproof)
  • Wiring harness for easy installation
  • 2 (two) quick-splices for installation
  • LED Toggle switch in your choice of LED color
  • RGB Controller Box with RF sensor and 4 outputs
  • Remote Control (choose Standard or upgrade to Bluetooth or WiFi)
  • 4 (four) zip-ties and 3M outdoor adhesive pads for mounting strips
  • Three-year Diode Dynamics worry-free limited warranty
  • 30-day satisfaction guarantee

Also included with rear footwell option:

• 2 (two) additional 30-5050 SMD Strips (flexible and waterproof)
  • 2 (two) 3-meter (ten-foot) extension wires
  • Additional zip-ties and adhesive pads

Any questions email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Can these be wired in to automatically turn on when the door opens? Or do we have to use a smart phone to turn them on and off?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hey I did some checking in the service manual wiring diagrams and I figured it out.

I could use a 3 position switch to do what I want which is to turn on when the door is open and to turn on anytime I want when the doors are closed and the key is turned on or have it totally off. The 3 way switch could be labeled: door, acc and off. Otherwise I could use the 2 way switch and label it door and accessory and use both of our ceiling lights in the off position to totally turn it off, but I think I will use a 3 way switch so I can still have the ceiling lights on while the floor lights are off.

I need to connect to the interior roof light power to turn on when the door is open and switch to the accessory/cigarette lighter socket power to turn on when the key is turned on.

For the door power I will use the pink wire going the the ceiling light and the pink wire also goes to the 2 map lights so with either light switched to door it will get power. Then wire the second switch position to switch to the accessory socket power. The third position will be off.

Simple right.

Here is the wiring diagram link that I used.

http://civic.hondafitjazz.com/A00/HTML/00/SNB6E00000000000000EBAT00i011.HTML

The only question I have at this point is how many total watts of power does this floor lighting system use with all of the accessories including Bluetooth and rear floor lighting?

There is already about 40 watts on our lighting circuit with all of the lights on and it has a 7.5 amp fuse. P=VI transposed to P÷V=I we get 40w÷12v=3.3amps and with a max of 7.5amps on the circuit, as long as this floor lighting does not use more than 50watts it should be fine and not blow that fuse.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you've figured it out, basically you can wire the kit up to any 12V source and ground to power it. You can tap a dome light or map light if you wish for it to come on and off with those locations.

They draw a very little (milliamps), so power consumption won't be an issue.

Feel free to contact us if you need more information: [email protected]

Thanks!

Nick C.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Footwell lighting with Dome or Ignition

I received my multi colored footwell lighting kit and got it installed. It works just the way I wanted it to with either the dome lights or the ignition keyed on. Figured I would post a diagram on how I wired it if others want to do the same.

Blue plug under fusebox located under the drivers side kick panel. The blue plug is disconnected for more slack. It houses the 12v constant which is light blue and the dome management wire which is pink and has a negative polarity. It acts like a ground and then like an open switch.

Blue ignition wire is under the steering wheel. Could have also used an accessory wire.

Polarity of the whole thing can be a problem and you might have to swap the LED plug wires around or also the LED light strip plugs 180 degrees to get it working correctly.

I installed my switch right above the hood release lever.

·
Registered
101 Posts
which wires do I tap into for the dome light? I want the footwell lights to come on and dim off with the dome light. I don't need a separate switch.

Anyone have the color and location of the wires? Near the fuse box hopefully

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
which wires do I tap into for the dome light? I want the footwell lights to come on and dim off with the dome light. I don't need a separate switch.

Anyone have the color and location of the wires? Near the fuse box hopefully
Check page 1

1 - 20 of 21 Posts