8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um, anybody else see the pinch of resemblence between these two in styling? Now that I've compared them, IMO it almost seems as Honda directly copied it over to the Coupe... which we ALL know would never happen:rolleyes:

Civic Front End...

Solara Front End...

Civic's Ass...

Solara's Ass...

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
hummm... I think the civic came more form the TSX myself. The TSX has the more square looking lights that are on the civic.

·
Registered
204 Posts
jandree22 said:
Um, anybody else see the pinch of resemblence between these two in styling? Now that I've compared them, IMO it almost seems as Honda directly copied it over to the Coupe... which we ALL know would never happen:rolleyes:

Civic Front End...

Solara Front End...

Civic's Ass...

Solara's Ass...

Thats not even a gen 1 solara....Its a gen 1.5 2002-2003....

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
jandree22 said:

Civic Front End...

Solara Front End...
Actually, I noticed this about a month ago. I wouldn't say they directly copied it, because it has more of a TSX look to it than a Solara, but I, too, noticed the similarities.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kadenx said:
Thats not even a gen 1 solara....Its a gen 1.5 2002-2003....
ugh... you get my point

jasonandre said:
Dude, you are WAY off.
so it's not a perfect match, but how can you say I'm way off w/this? (BTW, I obv know Honda didn't steal the styling from the Solara if that's what you're referring too...)

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Jrfish007 said:
^^^ Who, me?
I was talking to jandree22.

Just look at the pictures and you can see the non-resemblance. The curves don't even come close. Front end styling is totally different between the two.

I just don't see it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jasonandre said:
I was talking to jandree22.

Just look at the pictures and you can see the non-resemblance. The curves don't even come close. Front end styling is totally different between the two.

I just don't see it.
oh well, I gave it a shot anyway

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
jandree22 said:
oh well, I gave it a shot anyway
I'm not knocking your idea completely down, just giving my own opinion. Someone else may agree with you.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh I know... no big deal or anything. just my own observation and wondered what others thought. 'tis all good;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think that in order for a car to be a reasonably good looking coupe, it has to have certain styling elements. How else would Honda have designed the Civic Coupe without it being completely weird compared to everything else? People wouldn't like it if it were too unique.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts