8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

361 - 380 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Merely a meet amongst meets geez.
The Bimmer and I had fun. Shes an auto tank though so I use a lot of brakes. I only paddle shift down, usually from 4th to 3rd then back to drive so I dont over rev. Brake ducts are standard on base e90s and although they create a ton of brake dust they keep things from overheating. I totally miss shifting so next year I'll be in this pos!
It was holding its own pretty well when you were in front of my Bimmer. :wavey: Holds the road nicely!

·
Registered
101 Posts
In the rain on the way back on Saturday. Finally got to test out Rain mod. Works surprisingly well. I noticed it turned down the sensitivity on the controls.

On the way in Early Thursday morning.

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
Yes your right Stew I am down at The Dragon this week.... But with a lot more mature and respectful crew that doesn't threaten people..... Like I said I am done with 8th and all the hate and disrespect.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a blast Friday and it was great to meet everyone......sorry we did not make it back up Saturday but that rain just killed the day for me

Wobbles phone

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had a blast Friday and it was great to meet everyone......sorry we did not make it back up Saturday but that rain just killed the day for me

Wobbles phone
The rain killed it for me as well. The cars had a good run though. I had to hard park the bike. :(

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
But what a good bike it is to hard park. It's one of those things that's just a pleasure to look at...although I'm sure it's more fun to ride :thumb:

·
Registered
101 Posts
But what a good bike it is to hard park. It's one of those things that's just a pleasure to look at...although I'm sure it's more fun to ride :thumb:
You got it. But it was stressful the first few passes. Dont want to lay that thing down. Lots of power you have to get used to as well. The problem with power is that you have to make sure you leave yourself enough room to brake. Power is useless on the dragon. But the bike held its own very well. :wheee:

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Do you have frame sliders or anything like that? Looks kinda like it from the picture but I can't tell for sure. Even with the sliders I still wouldn't want to wreck. My dad had them on his ZX-10R and went down cause of some gravel on the road. The sliders did a pretty good job of limiting the damage but it still needed some repairs

There was one this color when I was up there. Saw him at the gas station on 129 right before the skyway and Robbinsville. Such a good looking bike

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nope... dont have them on yet... (i know, i know) Im notorious for not touching a bike the first year. Im doing all additions this winter. Full Exhaust, Power commander, sliders, spools, windscreen etc.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
That'll be nice. Sounds about like what my dad did to his 10R and it was wicked fast. I wish I actually had my license and a bike. A friend of mine always had 2 at a time so I would ride the lesser of the 2 (R6 first then a GSX-R 750 once he got a 1000.) I would love to ride a bike at the dragon, but I would hate the ride there

·
Registered
101 Posts
oh ya... bikes at the dragon are just awesome. I think you are more involved with the road. A few of the guys at the meet (in cars) were probably way faster then I was on the bike, But the Bike is were its at for that road. Just soo much Fun.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
You'll get no arguments from me there. I just enjoyed riding them, even if I wasn't going fast. Certain cars are fun to drive no matter how fast you're going, but I bet if you gave me any bike I would have fun riding it...as long as it isn't a real pos that breaks down. But even then, I would have fun between break downs :dance:

·
Registered
101 Posts
we did some badass stuff with our Video guy. He should be getting something together soon. Everything he recorded was with the 5D.

Stew

361 - 380 of 393 Posts