8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

341 - 360 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Finally made it home! Stuck in traffic in PA cost me almost an hour. Great weekend guys! So I did a brief assessment I the car. Left front caliper ceased, right front shock busted. Oh yeah, and a traffic citation to brag about! Great times! My first dragon meet and I'm ready for he next one! Woo hoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Powerhead Productions - killboy.com at PhotoReflect.com

Here is a link to the killboy pics of the group.

Finally made it home with the car in tow. The only uhaul they had was a 27' box truck and the only thing in it was my bumper. lol Huge shout out to Shaun for giving us a ride to pick up the uhaul. Thanks again man!

Pulled the supercharger off last night and its toast. The rotors and case are no good. Ill have to post pics of the carnage later.

Hope everyone made it home safe and without troubles.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts

Finally made it home with the car in tow. The only uhaul they had was a 27' box truck and the only thing in it was my bumper. lol Huge shout out to Shaun for giving us a ride to pick up the uhaul. Thanks again man!

Pulled the supercharger off last night and its toast. The rotors and case are no good. Ill have to post pics of the carnage later.

Damn man...sucks to hear.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Hard times man. ****ty to think it was looking so good, and then a few hours later pop. I guess thats the name of the game. time to go TURBO! :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Finally made it home! Stuck in traffic in PA cost me almost an hour. Great weekend guys! So I did a brief assessment I the car. Left front caliper ceased, right front shock busted. Oh yeah, and a traffic citation to brag about! Great times! My first dragon meet and I'm ready for he next one! Woo hoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

Great meeting you guys there! Great times, laughs, stories and hard times! LOL

Next year i won't run as much wide rims LOL I made the hella flush movement look simple down the dragon bauwhahaha... my tire side walls looks like slicks now though hahahaha

Oh man scary moment, I almost smoked Shaun's rear end... locked up the brakes nice! lol

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
such a sick weekend, glad I got to meet all of you even if it was only for a bit! had a blast!

car was sick, so happy about the mods.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts

That sucks man. Any idea what caused it? Seems like the SC cars have all the trouble at the dragon

Was this your first year going to the dragon? I don't remember seeing you there years past

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Damn man...sucks to hear.
Yeah ish happens I guess. Haha

Hard times man. ****ty to think it was looking so good, and then a few hours later pop. I guess thats the name of the game. time to go TURBO! :wigglesmiley:
Yeah apparently the bearings were on the way to failure. I was having rotor to case contact before I even left town I just didnt know it. :facepalm: Checked one of my datalogs from on the drive up and IAT's were really high from all the added friction and contact.

That sucks man. Any idea what caused it? Seems like the SC cars have all the trouble at the dragon

Was this your first year going to the dragon? I don't remember seeing you there years past
Apparently just wear and tear on the blower. 3" BP and huge k24 CP make for alot of boost, heat and un-due stress on the bearings and such. Im just glad I actually got to drive and enjoy the dragon. We also made it through the Charahola Skyway before the blower finally let go.

This was my 1st trip. Last year I blew my trans 1 week before the trip and didnt make it. Every year before that I was working. Seems like this is a bad time of year for this car :deadhorse:

·
Administrator
1,259 Posts
Great meeting all of you. Awesome times. There are some good pics of the group that I was looking at.

Glad to hear that everyone made it home safe.

Dwayn

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
So to recap last week to someone who didn't want to show.... It was a poorly orchastrated meet, crappy turn out, idiots who decided to speed and get tickets, people who didn't take proper care of there cars and broke... Really really glad I didn't waste my vacation time and money to come to a dead meet....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. That's why it's so good that some of us didn't show. Anyway, moving on to better things, R.I.P. to the supercharger. Moment of silence.................Amen. So yesterday gave me a chance to finally check the car out. For my first Dragon meet, I didn't think that I would've given the car such a workout. After thorough investigation, all 4 rotors and the front left caliper had to be replaced. Brake fluid was toast. I don't think I've ever seen brake fluid that dark. I ended up switching from DOT-3 to DOT-4 for now. I may have to replace my master cylinder as well. Practically the whole braking system underwent surgery. For what it's worth, I had a great time hanging with great guys. Definitely for sure I know what to expect for next year's meet and by then I should be fully prepared for another smackdown on the ride. Thanks to everyone making my first meet a great one! Hope to see you guys next year!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Merely a meet amongst meets geez.

The Bimmer and I had fun. Shes an auto tank though so I use a lot of brakes. I only paddle shift down, usually from 4th to 3rd then back to drive so I dont over rev. Brake ducts are standard on base e90s and although they create a ton of brake dust they keep things from overheating. I totally miss shifting so next year I'll be in this pos!

·
Registered
101 Posts
So to recap last week to someone who didn't want to show.... It was a poorly orchastrated meet, crappy turn out, idiots who decided to speed and get tickets, people who didn't take proper care of there cars and broke... Really really glad I didn't waste my vacation time and money to come to a dead meet....
But we all know where you are this weekend right?

I think it was a great time. Good roads, good people and great food. The BBQ we had on Saturday was awesome, the rides on Friday and Saturday where good (even though it rained Saturday). The Fire wood could have been dryer, but we still had a fire going each night. Im happy with it, very happy.

So dont flap your gums about something you know nothing of. :umad:

Stew

·
Registered
101 Posts
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. That's why it's so good that some of us didn't show. Anyway, moving on to better things, R.I.P. to the supercharger. Moment of silence.................Amen. So yesterday gave me a chance to finally check the car out. For my first Dragon meet, I didn't think that I would've given the car such a workout. After thorough investigation, all 4 rotors and the front left caliper had to be replaced. Brake fluid was toast. I don't think I've ever seen brake fluid that dark. I ended up switching from DOT-3 to DOT-4 for now. I may have to replace my master cylinder as well. Practically the whole braking system underwent surgery. For what it's worth, I had a great time hanging with great guys. Definitely for sure I know what to expect for next year's meet and by then I should be fully prepared for another smackdown on the ride. Thanks to everyone making my first meet a great one! Hope to see you guys next year!
Well at least you have a laundry list of what you need to spice up a little.

Next year will be better. I have somethings in the pipeline... so cross your fingers.

341 - 360 of 393 Posts