8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which one do you use in your car.. also does anyone know if its bad to put 89 or 93 in a car that says unleaded only...
-thanks.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Wait, what model do you have?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have a 09 civic ex coupe... i put in 93.. but i was asking for a friend .. she drives a 96 honda accord lx

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what the R18 requires, but the D17A1 in my em2 requires 87.

Remember that putting in a "higher quality" gas than you're supposed to use will eventually cause a knock to form. Check your owners manual, it should all be in there.

·
Registered
428 Posts
your supposed to us 87, but alot of people on here us 89 cuz it helps get rid of the vibration from the engine while sitting at a stop light.

·
Registered
363 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the car's computer designed for 87 and putting 93 in will not be noticed or gain anything. Putting 87 in your car won't hurt your car in any way.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
wait so putting 93 has done nothing extra for my car??
These engines are very precisely built for a specific level of octane, which means that going over or under that will have negative long term effects. If anything you have actually done more harm to your engine by going over the recommended octane than good.

There is a reason why it says specifically what kind of gas to use in your car in the owners manual, that's what the car is built to have.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts