8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i know many people on this site are running upto 100shot untuned basically on stock fuel setup im just trying to get the nitrous guys thoughts on this. . .ive already had a 60dry shot on the car and i took it because the car had to go back to honda for 3rd gear. . .so im gonna step it up and go the way i should and add fuel

my setup is
injen cai
dc raceheader
custom 2.5 exhaust

as long as i do one step colder plugs i should be alright until i get my fuel pump in about a week or so right

(and yes i have read the nitrous threads)

·
Registered
281 Posts
u need to be able to retard the timing by about 2-3 degrees as well. some guys may not have retarded their timing doing so and nothing may have happened, YET. but if you dont have the money for a new block, dont chance it... play it safe. otherwise - GO ALL OUT!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
i know many people on this site are running upto 100shot untuned basically on stock fuel setup im just trying to get the nitrous guys thoughts on this. . .ive already had a 60dry shot on the car and i took it because the car had to go back to honda for 3rd gear. . .so im gonna step it up and go the way i should and add fuel

(and yes i have read the nitrous threads)
You will be fine with a 85 shot. I am one who of those who had a 100 shot on the stock fuel pump untuned. (2 step colder plugs though) No problems thus far. But, i have downgraded to a 75 shot untill I get a new fuel pump.

55 shot is not much of any power gain, I dont think its worth using nitrous if you have anything below a 65 shot. Going from 100 to 75 i noticed a significant power loss. I can only imagine how weak a 55 shot would feel.

·
Registered
281 Posts
You will be fine with a 85 shot. I am one who of those who had a 100 shot on the stock fuel pump untuned. (2 step colder plugs though) No problems thus far. But, i have downgraded to a 75 shot untill I get a new fuel pump.

55 shot is not much of any power gain, I dont think its worth using nitrous if you have anything below a 65 shot. Going from 100 to 75 i noticed a significant power loss. I can only imagine how weak a 55 shot would feel.
how long did u run 100 shot before lowering? nothing wrong with engine?

·
Registered
87 Posts
well all i have to say is for a DD i would not use nitrous. Now if your civic is a weekend warrior and you have money to BLOW"UP" go for it! :)
Running Nitrous on a DD is no worse than FI... Some might say it is not as hard on the motor as FI because it is power on demand meaning it can be turned off. It is just my opinion but I respectfully disagree with you post. But, there are plenty of other threads where this topic is covered.

As for the original post, there are quiet a few people running 75 shot with you same set up. You might try that before jumping to 85. I know thats not much of a difference but, atleast it is well tested.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
a 55 shot is basically nothing? right... a 55 shot takes nearly an entire second off the car's 1/4 mile times. I don't call that nothing.

And really, 50-75 can be done without tuning. Anyone running something like a 100 shot of nitrous is pretty dumb.

·
Registered
281 Posts
correct jetting, fuel delivery, spark plugs, timing, spraying after 4k (during vtec be best), no daily or allday spraying

those r the important variables to keep engine ~ok and not blow... unless i missed one then correct me. thats what most pros have informed me of

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
I dont know man.

All I know is that these people are crazy to be running it without a standalone, crazy.

Lets just put it this way...
My friends car with nitrous sees the dealer more then my car will ever see the dealer.
Wear, and tear will be faster without a good tune.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.