8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a really cheap stage 2 cte supercharger on offer up, there is one issue though. The guy said "My alternator went out, and the supercharger was taken out to reach it when everything was put back together it ran fine for a month or two. But I think the Honda technician I left it with forgot to fill up the oil again so I bought some supercharger oil and had it refilled. I took everything back to stock because i couldn’t find what the issue was. If it was the thesupercharger or throttle body or a sensor. Or the tune I had for it. Plus I don’t have any of the hardware. It was lost when I moved". It comes with a throttle body, injectors, exhaust, roof rack, intake. Now I'm really interested, is there anyway to find out if anything is wrong with it, anyplace I could take it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hmmmm 800$ seems a little too good to be true, these kits run around 4000$ new. The CTE supercharger is sealed from the factory, there's no reason to change the oil for around 100k miles so basically the lifetime of the vehicle.

It might be work asking for some more pictures. If there is something wrong with the supercharger, perhaps you could send it back to CTE and get it rebuilt. Just a couple thoughts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts