8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kenwood Excelon KAC-X541 4-ch amp. 2 channels are currently running my Infinity Kappa 60.7 Components. I originally had the other 2 channels bridged to drive a 12" Inifinity Perfect Sub but that box is just too big now. I would like to go to a single 8" or perhaps two 8's. The amp is rated for 88W X 4 at 4 ohms, 124W X 4 at 2 ohms or bridged 270W X 2 at 4 ohms.

One question I have is why am I limited to 4 ohms bridged? The reason this is an issue is that I had my eye on a Diamond D3 8 inch sub at local store here. These seem like ok subs to me but the DVC limits me to 2 ohm or 8 ohms right? If I had the power I could connect 2 subs and get a 4 ohm load but these subs are rated for 200W RMS. I would prefer to stick with the single amp and work with what I have.

My other 8 inch sub options are RF's ( not crazy about that) or JL's 8W3's. The JL's might actually be a better fit for the amp power-wise at 125W RMS.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i tried to find a 8 inch sub to fit in the stock location, i can't find any that will clear the trunk springs.

·
Registered
187 Posts
unplugged said:
i tried to find a 8 inch sub to fit in the stock location, i can't find any that will clear the trunk springs.
Hmmm...
I have a sedan with no stock sub. Any pics/dimensions about the clearance of the stock sub on the coupes?

I'd help you out with the powering issues hurricane but it's a little too late in the day for me to think...I'll check you out tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
you have around 3-4 inches of depth for the 8inch subwoofer - I tried a few and none of them would clear (Kicker, etc)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts