8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds like a fun project.
Are you going with a wet or dry kit?
I wish FlashPro supported nitrous. If it did, I would have went nitrous instead of turbo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Man you must be reading my mind lol I was just thinking about this. I would assume you're doing a wet shot. I want to go this route I'm just curious how much spray stock rods will hold?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I sprayed 100 wet shot for a while before picking up my supercharger. This was b4 Flashpro existed.. Held fine for a good 20+ uses.

Its still on the car so a 50 shot with the blower may be on the horizon. :wheee:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah its a wet shot, had a slight delay in ordering my kit, but I'll keep you guys up to date. Everybody is so scared of going above a 50 shot, but properly installed, the 75 shot will be fine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm worried about the stock rods, I've seen one go through the block on spray. My buddy has a k20 swapped ek that let go before he ever even got a pull out of it. Dyno tuned then went boom lol. I don't remember his shot size though, he may have been on a 100 shot. @datbigdude, did you have a completely stock k20z3 you sprayed for a while there? what kid where you using? I don't mind blowing up my block I'm not sweating pulling it and replacing it, I'll do that in a weekend lol. I just don't want it to blow before I can afford to build a k24 the way I want it done for the overall setup haha.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm worried about the stock rods, I've seen one go through the block on spray. My buddy has a k20 swapped ek that let go before he ever even got a pull out of it. Dyno tuned then went boom lol. I don't remember his shot size though, he may have been on a 100 shot. @datbigdude, did you have a completely stock k20z3 you sprayed for a while there? what kid where you using? I don't mind blowing up my block I'm not sweating pulling it and replacing it, I'll do that in a weekend lol. I just don't want it to blow before I can afford to build a k24 the way I want it done for the overall setup haha.
I just had I/H/E.. Zex Wet Kit with a purge and heater

If anyone is interested in buying it shoot me an offer and i may consider pulling it off..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know, people always say that the reason nitrous sucks is because the cost of refilling bottles adds up to the price of a forced induction kit...well, I don't see it. I only plan on spraying 2 days out of the month. Around me it cost about 50 bucks to refill. I know it does add up, but cmon, 50 bucks to refill AND I can turn it off and retain the furl economy. I think nitrous is a perfect mod on a budget.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts