8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$650 for basic kit>includes hood,front bumper,both fender and mirror.deal or not?:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think it would be if you bought it when you bought your car. I have a friend who has one on his FA5 and he loves it. But if you have the money on hand def. get it.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
I wish I would have dished out the money for a clear bra when I first got my car.

The paint on these cars BLOWS :(

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Decent price.

However, the REAL questions you need to ask are this:

1.) How many years of experience does the installer have?
2.) Pre-cut or hand-cut (both have advantages and drawbacks)
3.) I believe Ventureshield now has "certified" installers (of course, the certification process is a joke compared to 3M)

#1 is the most important question

·
Registered
298 Posts
$650 seems kinda expensive-- i bought my clear bra (3m) on ebay for 170 shipped and am getting it installed this saturday by a certified installer for 250. my kit is for the fa5 and includes the bumper, hood, fenders, and mirrors.

my advice: shop around and find a trusted (certified) installer and shop around for the clear bra. :) on ebay: eBay Motors: 2006 2007 2008 HONDA CIVIC SI GENUINE 3M CLEAR BRA (item 220091008259 end time Feb-03-08 14:58:57 PST)
this is an auction from the guy i bought from. make sure to email first to tell the seller exactly what car you have-- i had to clarify that i had an fa5 not just a 'regular' sedan (not sure if that truly matters but the seller said there are some differences in the kits).

hth.

·
Registered
490 Posts
500 (includes tax and all fees no haggle) in town for 3M certified installers for the full front end kit in Houston... Look for a better deal :). I decided not to do it because I can get a full front end repainted for about the same price blended and all by one of the best shops in town so weigh your options and proceed with caution.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I paid $500 for mine. However, it's the best mod I've done. I have 0 rock chips; my TSX looks like the face of a 15 year old.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
m.....I know 650 is a lot..........hesitating*_*
they said it will take about 6-8 hours to install it and the earliest available time is Jan.15....

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
500 (includes tax and all fees no haggle) in town for 3M certified installers for the full front end kit in Houston... Look for a better deal :). I decided not to do it because I can get a full front end repainted for about the same price blended and all by one of the best shops in town so weigh your options and proceed with caution.
The problem with repainting is your car looks great, then it looks good, then it looks okay, then it gets repainted, then the cycle restarts.

With PPF your car just looks great!

$170 for hood/fender/mirror/bumper pre-cut kit on ebay! Man, maybe I should start buying it from him. That's less than my material cost buying it from my 3M distributor and cutting it myself. LOL.

I wonder if it actually is 3M or not...........

That's why I never let people bring their own PPF or tint. You never know what they'll walk in with.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I paid about the same for Venture Shield.I did the Front Bumper, HFP Lip, Fenders, Hood, and Headlight/Fogs. Oh I forgot the Mirrors and Door sills. Thing is great, Drove to Florida for the Christmas holiday and zero rock chips on my front end. Get it, You will thank yourself later, I was hesitating to get it but now I am glad I did!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Also keep in mind prices are extremely regional. So you can't compare your price to someone's price 1300 miles away. It's hard to compare them even in the same city and state!

My prices are low because I'm 60 miles away from the big city so I have to encourage people to drive here.

While my friend in Phoenix gets $350 for hood/fender/mirrors for regular coverage (not even extended covereage!). Of course, I've never seen anyone do a better job than him.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thing about the film is after so long outside in the sun, you will notice a color change due to the UV protection... They will feed you stats that say the eye can't notice until however long but if your car is a dark color I would be weary.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Actually, the film changes color from absorbing oil based pollutants.

Thus, washing your car often and the occasional waxing with a synthetic wax is a must for maximum longevity.

Besides, a little buffing with rubbing alcohol once a year really brings back the clarity and shine.

Not to mention, it's a wear product. If you're purchasing it thinking it lasts forever you will be disappointed. If you purchase it knowing it will protect your car for the next five to eight years and at that point needs to be replaced you'll be happy. Because in five years....your car will be rock chip free (or very close to it) and your friend's car won't be.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I didn't mean the film changing color, I meant the paint changing compared to the paint under the film. This info from an authorized 3M film applier in town. It is also from common sense...

·
Banned
339 Posts
the best thing you can do is just stop noticing. they are going to be there no matter what. just throw some extra wax on there, stop tailgating and hope for the best. if not the chips, there will always be something wrong. stop worrying and ull be okay. its no use.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I was quoted $575 for a compleate kit that included the full hood, mirrors and 18" up the "A" pillars. I figured for around the same price I could get my hood and bumper repainted in a few years if it gets that bad.

I ended up by the OEM Bra. FITS GREAT! I put it on during the winter months and take it off every car wash (once every few weeks) and havent had any rubbing issues. They dont gravel the roads during the winter months up here, so it all depends on your situation. But for $105 I hot my money worth. I coudnt see myself hacking up that much money for something that pits also.....GL Matt

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was thinking about purchasing something similar to this for my Si. Could you guys put up some pics for me to see. Like maybe the before and after. Thanks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts